Product information: Red 2TB 5400rpm SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (20EFRX)WD NAS hard drives are the essential solution for NAS applications. These drives are cool and quiet, and offer optimum compatibility in 24x7 NAS systems with up to eight bays.
Storage for 1 to 8 bay NAS solutions - WD Red™ is designed specifically for NAS systems that have 1 to 8 drive bays in both 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch form factors. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 operating environment and for the demanding system requirements of home and small office NAS.
NASware grows to 3.0 - WD Red now supports small NAS systems from 1 to 8 bays thanks to NASware 3.0, which further improves drive compatibility and reliability. At 48 TB of potential capacity in an 8 bay system, WD Red expands your NAS experience.
Need help? We offer premium support - Every WD Red hard drive comes with our world-class professional support services including a premium dedicated 24/7 support line (available in English, other regional support hours vary) and a 3-year limited warranty.*
* Support outside of normal business hours is available in English only. Go to http://support.wd.com for further details.
3D Active Balance Plus - Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Longer warranty coverage - WD NAS hard drives are backed by a 3-year limited warranty for greater peace of mind.
The WD® advantage - WD puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. On average, each new product goes through 600,000 hours of testing. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles. You can also call toll-free support 7 days per week in the U.S. and Canada. See the WD Support site for full details.
*Business critical RAID environments - Please consider WD NAS Hard Drives for all multi-bay consumer NAS environments. WD Red hard drives for up to 8 bay chassis and WD Red Pro hard drives for 8-16 bay chassis.
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
- Optimal compatibility for NAS systems
- Tested for 24x7 reliability
- Specifically designed for use in NAS systems with up to 8 bays
- 3-year limited warranty
- Seamlessly integrates into your NAS system with up to 8 bays
- Designed for the unique system requirements of NAS environments
- Highly reliable, affordable solution for demanding 24x7 networking environments
- Backed by a best-in-class 3-year limited warranty
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Rotational Speed: 5,400 RPM (nominal)
- Buffer Size: 64 MB
- Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 6 Gb/s (Max)
- Capacity: 2 TB