+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
X7 Aluminum Full Tower Case - BlackZalman enjoys a high profile as a manufacturer of high-quality, high-performance and individually shaped coolers. With its new Big-Tower X7 Zalman sets new standards in terms of features and functionality. The X7 even fits E-ATX boards, the cable management is extremely well thought out and space is also enough for drives, graphic cards and radiators.
The features of the Zalman X7 Big Tower at a glance
- Big Tower for E-ATX, ATX, Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboards
- Side panels made of 4 mm tempered glass
- Space for six 3.5-inch and five 2.5-inch drives
- Graphics card length of 420 mm, CPU fan height of 175 mm
- Vertical installation of the graphics card possible
- Accommodates up to two 360mm radiators
- I / O panel with controller for up to eight fans
- Four RGB LED fans included
The features of the Zalman X7 Big Tower in detail
The Zalman X7 captivates with its absolutely noble design: The brushed aluminum, the bevelled edges, which give the case its dynamic appearance and especially the side panels made of tempered glass sets clear stylish accents on the otherwise clean straightforward appearance. The transparent side panel reveals the tidy and spacious, all-black interior that screams for the lighting that Zalman comes with in the form of four RGB LED fans.
The fan control for it also found in the I / O panel attached to the upper left side. There are also USB.3.0 ports in addition to the two audio jacks and power and reset button, but also several controls that can be used to control the four pre-installed RGB LED fans in the housing. If desired, four more fans can be connected - more than enough, because a total of up to seven fans can be accommodated in the housing. There is also enough room for water cooling, and two radiators up to 360 mm in size can be installed on the front or on the lid. On the back of the preinstalled fan can be replaced by a 120 mm or 140 mm radiator.
Lots of space for graphics cards
The interior of the X7 also offers plenty of space for extensions. So there are a total of six 3.5-inch drives in two drive cages space in front of the power supply. The tool-free built-in hard drives are then no longer in the way of a graphics card in the way, which has no space or 42 inches without tags. Zalman also adds three supports for gigantic VGA cards to the accessories, which can be attached to rails on the mainboard tray. Five 2.5-inch drives have been screwed to the back for those who never have enough storage space. If you like it a bit fancier, you can also install your graphics card vertically.
The designers at Zalman have paid particular attention to cable management in the X7. The power supply, which can be up to 180 millimeters long, Zalman hid behind a cover and thus also the cables that are fed from there to the back of the mainboard tray. At the right places are oval recesses with grommets made of rubber, through which the cables can be led back to the desired location. For the attachment of the cable cable housing and Velcro closures are enclosed.
To keep everything inside nice and dust free, there are filters behind the front, on the lid and under the power supply. On the back there are eight expansion slots, next to the two, which are available for the vertical installation of the graphics card. The feet of the housing are rubberized, which dampens vibrations and thus noise. Vibration damping rubbers are also used on the drive bays and under the power supply.
- Dimensions: 230 x 587 x 617 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: steel, aluminum, plastic
- Color: Black
- Form factor: E-ATX, ATX, BTX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Total possible fan: 3x 120 mm or 2x 140 mm (front), 1x 120 mm or 1x 140 mm (rear), 3x 120 mm or 2x 140 mm (cover)
- Pre-installed: 3x 120 mm (front side, RGB LEDs), 1x 120 mm (rear side, RGB LEDs)
- Fan control: 4 channels, 2 fans each, 2x 4-pin RGB strips
- Radiator mountings: 1x max. 360 mm (front), 1x max. 360 mm (lid)
- Filter: front, cover, power supply (removable)
- Drive bays: 6x 3.25 inches (internal, tool-less), 5x 2.5 inches (internal)
- Power supply: 1x standard ATX (optional)
- Expansion Slots: 8 horizontal and 2 vertical
- I / O panel: 4x USB 3.0 (internal connection), 1x each audio in / out, Fan Control
- Maximum graphics card length: 420 mm
- Maximum network part length: 180 mm
- Maximum CPU fan height: 175 mm