*** The OcUK Ultima 10.1 Thread ***

Associate
Anyone have dead pixel issues ?

Seems to be 3 completely dead pixels on mine, yes they are small but sorry I expected the screen to be perfect

Grrrrr

Associate
Android upgrade Flash player workaround

First thing to do is uninstall the Flash player that came with the Ultima, then install the newer upgrade..

Go to Settings
Scroll down to Apps
Adobe Flash payer is at the top click then menu will appear and press uninstall

Then click this link to download the latest Flash player and install it..

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.34/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Reboot the Tablet and open your choice of browser but not Chrome and surf to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and Voila iPlayer is up and running in a jiffy! Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm unfortunately it appears the screen has a dead pixel right in the middle.

Edit: and now a partially lit one appeared next to it :(

Last edited:
Associate
I to have a dead pixel and some dirt in the screen, a bit of a let down considering the rest of the device seems to be 'amazeballs' for the cost. Any suggestions to try and fix these without sending it back as its a bit of a hassle for me ATM :(

I have also noticed some screen burn/ghost issues when having the on screen keyboard displayed for a few mins, I can see 'q a z' and voice button on dark screens for some time after. This is when the screen is at full brightness.

Construction wise, it feels solid and the colours are great. Sound is a tad quiet but speed of playing 1080p mkv was superb, especially when viewing the video in a small pane (like the note series from Samsung, popup video) while watching a 720p YouTube video and copying music onto it from USB. Not a single hitch.

Last edited:
Soldato
My god... seems the QC is poor on these.

GIBBO does your supplyer have anything to say about these issues?
If I have evan a single dead pixel I will be returning it and buying a galaxy note tablet ;)

OcUK Staff
My god... seems the QC is poor on these.

GIBBO does your supplyer have anything to say about these issues?
If I have evan a single dead pixel I will be returning it and buying a galaxy note tablet ;)

Same as our monitor suppliers, they referre us to dead pixel guidelines for LCD screens and say if its within those regulations, tough, if its outside the regulations we'll accept an RMA.

As a consumer you have the protection of DSR regulations, so if you have a dead pixels that are within regulations you can DSR the item. If you have so many that its clearly a fault you can arrange to get it collected and swapped out. :)

Unfortunately the higher resolution, the more prone they seem to be, the Asus Nexus 10 for example has had major issues with its screen.

OcUK does not operate a zero dead pixel guarantee on monitors or tablets, unless explicitly advertised in the product description.

Associate
Same as our monitor suppliers, they referre us to dead pixel guidelines for LCD screens and say if its within those regulations, tough, if its outside the regulations we'll accept an RMA.

As a consumer you have the protection of DSR regulations, so if you have a dead pixels that are within regulations you can DSR the item. If you have so many that its clearly a fault you can arrange to get it collected and swapped out. :)

Unfortunately the higher resolution, the more prone they seem to be, the Asus Nexus 10 for example has had major issues with its screen.

OcUK does not operate a zero dead pixel guarantee on monitors or tablets, unless explicitly advertised in the product description.

How many are considered a fault? I've counted 6 so far on mine.

OcUK Staff
How many are considered a fault? I've counted 6 so far on mine.

I am not actually sure on what the regulations/guidelines are and how many in considered to be a fault. Drop a post in CS/Tech forum as the tech guys will know.

But six sounds a lot so I'd be surprised if the regulations don't deem that faulty.

Soldato
OP
Looks like I have 2 pixels on mine, but one might be dirt, it's smaller in size. Also light bleed from the bottom left corner.

I am not actually sure on what the regulations/guidelines are and how many in considered to be a fault. Drop a post in CS/Tech forum as the tech guys will know.

But six sounds a lot so I'd be surprised if the regulations don't deem that faulty.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/support.php
7. TVs and Monitors. If your query relates to a Television or Monitor, specifically in relation to dead pixels, please be aware that all of Overclockers’ Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard – the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing “ISO 13406-2” and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_13406-2

Soldato
OP
when did you guys order, mine is still showing "In our warehouse queue" ordered late Xmas day.

Mine was ordered early afternoon Xmas day iirc

Android upgrade Flash player workaround

First thing to do is uninstall the Flash player that came with the Ultima, then install the newer upgrade..

Go to Settings
Scroll down to Apps
Adobe Flash payer is at the top click then menu will appear and press uninstall

Then click this link to download the latest Flash player and install it..

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.34/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Reboot the Tablet and open your choice of browser and surf to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and Voila iPlayer is up and running in a jiffy! Enjoy :D

I've tried that but still does not work.

Back
Top Bottom