• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 needs upgrade

Associate
Would like some advice been out of the computer loop for years just purchased a nice new monitor 1080p now its time for a new graphics card upgrade got £200-£240 max I can spend. I do prefer Nvidia and would want a quiet fan. My Power supply is only 600 watts its a old be quiet model would this need upgrading as well? Thanks in advance all help appreciated.

Associate
I got 980ti with 2 years of warrenty left for 270£ it boosts to 1580 mhz so its 10/15% faster than 1070 stock.. temps ar cool too 75C never more... if it from Evga you dont need invoice only serial number and if you see some one selling it you can check warranty on evga website...

Soldato
Soldato
few Gigabyte Options
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £636.47
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Is your monitor G-sync or Freesync ? faster then 60hz ?

might be able to save cash and go RX 570 as its better then 1060 3GB option

or as others state , second hand 980ti and use a PSU calculator

Soldato
Really no point spending £200+ on a new GPU if you have a dual core Phenom, that's just asking for disappointment.

You need to save up, enough for a new cpu/motherboard combo and then a cheaper GPU. You can get a cheap Pentium G4560 which will work great on a budget or Ryzen 5 1400 if you want to spend a bit more on a quad core. Then take a look at the 2nd hand market/clearance sections for some good deals on GPUs.

I've been in a similar situation and there's nothing worse than shopping around for a new graphics card, having that excitement of finally grabbing one, only to see your FPS tank because your CPU can't keep up.

Soldato
Really no point spending £200+ on a new GPU if you have a dual core Phenom, that's just asking for disappointment.

You need to save up, enough for a new cpu/motherboard combo and then a cheaper GPU. You can get a cheap Pentium G4560 which will work great on a budget or Ryzen 5 1400 if you want to spend a bit more on a quad core. Then take a look at the 2nd hand market/clearance sections for some good deals on GPUs.

I've been in a similar situation and there's nothing worse than shopping around for a new graphics card, having that excitement of finally grabbing one, only to see your FPS tank because your CPU can't keep up.

as above, getting 1500 should be able to overclock it with a B350 board if you cant stretch to a x370. Ram speeds will improve over time aswell depending on our budget

Back
Top Bottom