** IT'S SO DAMN HOT - PHANTEKS P400 AIR WAS A GOOD CHOICE **

Associate
The CPU Cooler clearance seems very limiting for a case designed for air cooling... Can you confirm it fits things like the NH-D15 please?
No it won't. And sadly as an owner of a u14-s it won't fit that either and I don't want to change cooler and case. It's a shame as the more compact meshify C fits these coolers. Seems like a bit of an oversight to not just have that extra 1cm of clearance

HeX

HeX

Soldato
No it won't. And sadly as an owner of a u14-s it won't fit that either and I don't want to change cooler and case. It's a shame as the more compact meshify C fits these coolers. Seems like a bit of an oversight to not just have that extra 1cm of clearance

D15 fits fine if you only use a single fan, or put the second fan at the back instead of over the ram (assuming you have space). e.g.

52Y2wEU.jpg

There's my D15S in a P400S.

Associate
D15 fits fine if you only use a single fan, or put the second fan at the back instead of over the ram (assuming you have space). e.g.

52Y2wEU.jpg

There's my D15S in a P400S.
thanks for confirming that the top of the D15 does not stop the glass panel from being attached (unlike by sapphire dual vapour cooler and my Kalman side-less case)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Thanks for confirming that. It looks like the NH-D15 heatsink is 160mm tall and 165mm with fans. Those are low profile RAM right?

RAM is the 8PACK 3200 stuff so taller than normal memory. The heatsink in the pic is the D15S which has a large cutout on the front to give clearance over the RAM and only one fan (centre).

The extra height on the D15 is purely from the fan sitting high as it hangs over the RAM slots. The middle fan you can mount lower. There's only a couple of degrees difference between using dual fan and single fan setups.

Soldato
RAM is the 8PACK 3200 stuff so taller than normal memory. The heatsink in the pic is the D15S which has a large cutout on the front to give clearance over the RAM and only one fan (centre).

The extra height on the D15 is purely from the fan sitting high as it hangs over the RAM slots. The middle fan you can mount lower. There's only a couple of degrees difference between using dual fan and single fan setups.

Yeah, I'm more worried about the fan hanging over the ram slot, not the heatsink. If you had low profile RAM, do you think a front fan would fit?

Associate
the case says 160mm max cooler height. The NH-D15 is 165mm high.

EDIT
sorry - read the later comments now

Associate
New P400A Metal Mesh front panels available today everyone! Not only can they be used on the P400A but also on the previosu P400 and P400S models! Although, on the P400 and P400S, the fans will be 8cm off center when using the P400A Mesh Front so please bear that in mind!

Phanteks Eclipse P400A Metal Mesh Front-Panel - Black @ £17.99 inc VAT

Replacement front cover for the PHANTEKS Eclipse P400A, Equipped with a fine mesh for optimised airflow, Also serves as a dust filter, Compatible with the Eclipse P400 and P400S (Not 100% Exact Fit!)

Only £17.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Eclipse P400A Metal Mesh Front-Panel - White @ £17.99 inc VAT

Replacement front cover for the PHANTEKS Eclipse P400A, Equipped with a fine mesh for optimised airflow, Also serves as a dust filter, Compatible with the Eclipse P400 and P400S (Not 100% Exact Fit!)

Only £17.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Back
Top Bottom