• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
If you did not manage to order within five minutes of launch I would cancel using the instructions in the sticky thread at top of this forum.

Thanks for the honesty and heads up, I've cancelled my order and will wait until November and see what happens when we have 3070/3080/3090 and Big Navi out

Associate
"Your order is in a queue and we will fulfil orders on a strict first come, first served basis. We therefore suggest you keep your place in the queue to avoid future disappointment." Yeah ... we suggest you let us keep your money and maybe one day you'll get a card. No queue number, no customer support all day, no clear information on when stock will arrive but yeah ... sure ... I'll let you keep my money ...

Permabanned
The original prices on the site were a farce, its that simple, I as a purchasing manager myself I would have started the prices off as they are now, which are competitive compared to other e-tailers, rather than create the illusion of cheaper pricing, now I understand the tactic, but is was poor one, and arguably an unethical one at that. The interest in these cards were off the charts, they didn't need to play the 'cheapest launch price card' and end upsetting whole swathes of their own customers, it should never be about about making larger short term profits, company reputation is important, every single one of my customers is treated as a potential long term contract, and trust is a key element of maintaining that contract.

Funny you say that, as we speak a friend of mine is reading this thread, they are a Purchasing Manager (mCIPS), she almost wet her self and the exchange rate claim.

Associate
@Gibbo I had my order go through on a zotec at 14:02 and I've just had an email regarding being on a list? Is a first come first serve or was it the fact that I wanted it for Sunday? I've seen people or had an order confirmation for a few minutes later have received theirs today.

Associate
I read the exchange rate post, where is everyone getting the idea that exchange rate was used as an excuse for extreme price hikes? it specifically said that the exchange rate accounts for a £20-40 increase. Obviously any other increase is due to the demand > supply situation...

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

If I've ordered two cards (MSI + Zotac), will they ship as arrived into stock or will be held to ship together? (So potentially waiting until stock has fully normalised)

Ordered myself + partner a card and thinking its been a rookie mistake now.

I'd call sales/ CS and request they split into two separate orders.

Associate
This is just so annoying i got it in 24 mins after crashing 20 times and no probs wont get one for a long as time. I have been on hold for 5 hrs after the line cutting off after 6hrs before hand this just frustrating.

Associate
@Gibbo

Will OCUK be stocking the EVGA hydro copper when it's released? Or will we see any OCUK techlabs 3080s with pre-installed blocks any time soonish? I'd rather buy a card with a pre-installed block just from a warranty point of view on an expensive new card.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo I had my order go through on a zotec at 14:02 and I've just had an email regarding being on a list? Is a first come first serve or was it the fact that I wanted it for Sunday? I've seen people or had an order confirmation for a few minutes later have received theirs today.

Should be first come first served unless some for some technical reason I am unaware of, I'd contact CS on that. As all the Zotac we had have shipped out, but I can say in the first five minutes of going live we sold thousands of cards across the range, way way way beyond any expectations, there was several orders per second trying to come down, even as much as hundreds per second, demand was so high.

Associate
Feeling a little let down by the whole lack of information. Can we at-least get some sort of estimate what range of orders numbers are most likely to be shipping in specific months. I have no idea where about's I'm located in the queue. Ordered a MSI Trio 3080

I ordered my MSI Gaming X Trio at 16:48 yesterday and someone who ordered 5 minutes prior to me has been told potentially end of October for ETA by OCUK on the phone.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

Will OCUK be stocking the EVGA hydro copper when it's released? Or will we see any OCUK techlabs 3080s with pre-installed blocks any time soonish? I'd rather buy a card with a pre-installed block just from a warranty point of view on an expensive new card.

Right now EVGA have shared no shipment details for any cards still, as such still awaiting an update with UK distribution on EVGA shipments.

Soldato
Just to help start collating info, as I've just got my Out of Stock email:
- MSI Gaming X Trio
- Ordered 15:19 on 17th
- Email'd out of stock 15:28 on 18th

I'd say I'm probably 800-1200 in the queue of at least 1700 for that card, so December might be rather optimistic.

#inittowinit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom