• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Based on user submissions all order numbers from the 17th of September were starting with 586. Orders didn't reach 587 until the next day. Can you double check both the date as well as the order number in case you miswrote either one of them

Both were direct copy and pastes (with the last two digits of the order number then xxed).

To summarise:

I ordered on Thurdays and after fighting the site finally got it in at 15:16 (and 50 seconds according to the email). My OC order number is OC40254xx. I've also been posting here over those few days, I understand how the system works for the unofficial tracker.
I was stuck on "New Order, Awaiting Payment" until sometime between Saturday and Sunday, though the money had gone from my account immediately. That is presumably on sync issues between OC and their payment provider (credit card for me, so braintree) during the site getting ddosed by all of us trying to order.
I didn't get any emails, either order recieved or the update on stock levels until 17:48 today. Based on the estimated place in queue on the tracker, and the google sheet's estimate for total orders of the MSI Gaming, I suspect my order number in the system that uses numbers starting with 5s wasn't generated till they sorted whatever set of orders hadn't gotten emails yet and caused the deluge that we've heard of in the last few pages.

Permabanned
Both were direct copy and pastes (with the last two digits of the order number then xxed).

To summarise:

I ordered on Thurdays and after fighting the site finally got it in at 15:16 (and 50 seconds according to the email). My OC order number is OC40254xx. I've also been posting here over those few days, I understand how the system works for the unofficial tracker.
I was stuck on "New Order, Awaiting Payment" until sometime between Saturday and Sunday, though the money had gone from my account immediately. That is presumably on sync issues between OC and their payment provider (credit card for me, so braintree) during the site getting ddosed by all of us trying to order.
I didn't get any emails, either order recieved or the update on stock levels until 17:48 today. Based on the estimated place in queue on the tracker, and the google sheet's estimate for total orders of the MSI Gaming, I suspect my order number in the system that uses numbers starting with 5s wasn't generated till they sorted whatever set of orders hadn't gotten emails yet and caused the deluge that we've heard of in the last few pages.

Hmm, that's quite strange because from what we've seen order numbers correlate directly with the time of the order. It could be that order numbers are affected by the payment processing, but if that was the case we should have seen more instances of that.

In your case I would ignore the unofficial QC entirely and wait for the real deal. Hopefully your order number won't affect your place in the queue.

Soldato

To summarise:

And to add to this,

"Lamy said:
Just received my confirmation order as well, and I ordered at 17:54 on the 17th.

According to the unofficial queue counter, I’m 1177 for my TUF. Let’s hope we have 1000 or so inpatient sods on here cancel over the next week"

He/she hasn't been back to confirm anything but, I ordered the Asus TUF aswell, except my order went through at 17:29 on the 17th, so 25 minutes before Lamy's, my OC number is OC40294** but I did not receive my email until 17:48 today and the unofficial queue guestimator using my order number begining with 58 says I am 2188 in the queue, that's a huge difference with what we know at the moment, unless something wasn't entered properly. I also was stuck in 'New Order Awaiting Payment' until the Saturday iirc, yet the money was taken immediately.

Associate
I'm also wondering the same thing. Have seen 0 kfa2's online on reddit and other forums. The closet I've come to a scrap of information is galax stock being delivered to some customers in Australia. I do know that it was overclocked by the galax team and was temporary 1st place in oc bechmarks until gamersnexus smashed the score last night.

I have one pre-order here but it hasn't been mentioned at all regards deliveries etc

I know a German site (I think it was) was saying they were expecting stock ordered Now to be due mid Oct, with anything ordered before the 18th due earlier. So I was hoping OC would be getting some early Oct, and it seems not many people have ordered these.

Associate
Hmm, that's quite strange because from what we've seen order numbers correlate directly with the time of the order. It could be that order numbers are affected by the payment processing, but if that was the case we should have seen more instances of that.

In your case I would ignore the unofficial QC entirely and wait for the real deal. Hopefully your order number won't affect your place in the queue.

I suspect up till an hour or two ago that was true. Its just that they have gotten the system unjammed for and least some of the orders still jammed in the cogs (I assume behind the scenes OC's servers are actually all a system of pnematic tubes and hamsters in wheels being fed on Haribo right?) and some that didn't have numbers assigned yet now have them.

And yeah, the calculator won't work for those of us in that situation, and it also adds another source of inaccuracy in addition to canceled orders that there is no way to account for (we have no good way to know the size of that group, so nothing can be done (I'd put a shrugging smilie here, but doesn't look like there is an appropirate one)).

Just needs to be kept in mind for anyone who comes in confused why their number in the queue estimate is much higher than their time accounts for (or the calculator could use the timestamp, rather than the order number, which doesn't sort the additional inaccuracy, but does eliminate anyone like me making confused comments, and the people using their OC4 number... which based on this might actually be more accurate to calculate order time anyway?)

Soldato
He/she hasn't been back to confirm anything but, I ordered the Asus TUF aswell, except my order went through at 17:29 on the 17th, so 25 minutes before Lamy's, my OC number is OC40294** but I did not receive my email until 17:48 today and the unofficial queue guestimator using my order number begining with 58 says I am 2188 in the queue, that's a huge difference with what we know at the moment, unless something wasn't entered properly. I also was stuck in 'New Order Awaiting Payment' until the Saturday iirc, yet the money was taken immediately.

You can totally ignore the time/date your order confirmation email came through. It has nothing to do with the stock allocation.

That was just OcUK's mail server catching up on all of the order emails. As a lot of people complained they were missed, clearly OcUK found the issue and got them out this afternoon.

Associate
I have one pre-order here but it hasn't been mentioned at all regards deliveries etc

I know a German site (I think it was) was saying they were expecting stock ordered Now to be due mid Oct, with anything ordered before the 18th due earlier. So I was hoping OC would be getting some early Oct, and it seems not many people have ordered these.
Owch I was under the impression these cards were also launching on the 17th. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Associate
So what's the deal with the Zotac cards, are they looking like they are going to be a bit of a dog? I ordered mine 3.35pm on launch day (I started attempting to order at 2pm!) and tempted to swap it out for another brand or even cancel it and go for the 3090.

Soldato
As with others who never got any email I just got my "Order Recieved" one now.

Putting the order number into the unofficial calculator it puts me right at the back of the Queue (2651 for an MSI Gaming), so it looks like the numbers for at least some of us who are only just getting emails were logged on the online store's system (which uses numbers starting in OC40), but not the internal system that sends the emails (the numbers starting 58). My order was 15:16 on Thursday, so I'll be upset if they have put me at the back just now.

Depending on how they run their first-come system, by time, store order number, or internal order number (I hope by time) this might mean the unofficial calculator needs some adjustments/removing to stop this thread being flooded with "why is my place in the queue so high" questions till the official queue system comes out. Possibly the "Date ordered" time would be better?

So i ordered the MSI Trio X Gaming at 17:31:34 17.09.2020 (later than you) and according to the calculator i'm at position 1058? The calculator seems very flawed as you would have the priority over my order which was hours later.

Associate
I don't, I ordered one about an hour after launch ;) Not sure what to think with them restricting the card though but I'm looking at preordering a different brand at the minute....
Do it. Im not saying this to move myme up the qu
So what's the deal with the Zotac cards, are they looking like they are going to be a bit of a dog? I ordered mine 3.35pm on launch day (I started attempting to order at 2pm!) and tempted to swap it out for another brand or even cancel it and go for the 3090.
I think it’s more of a case that the TUF is performing extremely well. Zotac appears to have a 1-3% drop to performance. But having said that the community rep is getting hammered. A bunch of people believe this will lead to a bios update addressing concerns.

I have heard that the stock fan curve is not that great but simply setting a custom curve it can maintain a high boost with little difference in noise.

Soldato
Its called Load Balancing. Dynamically scale up and down as needs arise.
You can't just add a Load Balancer and expect that to take care of everything. The network part might be fine after that, then it all gets filtered to the application which in terms of OcUK isn't great at handling it i.e the database.

Associate
So i ordered the MSI Trio X Gaming at 17:31:34 17.09.2020 (later than you) and according to the calculator i'm at position 1058? The calculator seems very flawed as you would have the priority over my order which was hours later.

I ordered at 14:28:00 on the 17.09.2020 I am position 87 on the unofficial queue. The unofficial calculation is based on time ordered and order number so mine would be 58.......... At 14:28:00 17.09.2020 I didn't get my email until 18:48 17.09.2020 but the time and date stayed when i actually made payment at 14:28:00.

Associate
Here is how it works

((yourOrderNumber -
5860140) / knownBuyers) * cardTypePercentage

This system ASSUMES that the only thing that has been brought are cards from the list that we have information from and that the people that are submitting the data are in the right (ish) percentage. It is currently the best we have until we get an official one but would be nice to see how close this was, to be honest.

It is a great tool, especially given the limited information, and I think it is one of the key reasons that OCUK has decided to provide something similar (along with people relentlessly asking them for it) but people do need to be aware that the unofficial calculator makes a lot of assumptions. Obviously, that is unavoidable but it may lead to a vastly different outcome when OCUK provides an official queue position.

For example, the unofficial calculator assumes that orders for specific models have been evenly spread over the period since Thursday 2pm when, in reality, there have probably been surges in people buying particular models at particular times (e.g. when certain products were shown as being in stock). If I take that into account when estimating a queue position for myself, my position for an Asus TUF could be anywhere between c.360th (if I only look at the mix of models purchased before my order at ~5pm on Thursday) and c.860th (if I work out my position in the same way as the unofficial calculator). I am not saying there is a better way of doing it, I just think people need to recognise its limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom