Replacing a old motherboard

Associate
Hey so my old pc broke awhile ago and im quite sure its the motherboard thats gone. The board is probably more than 7 years old. Would anyone know a cheap replacement I could look for to test it out, ill probably be looking 2nd hand but I need to know what to look for. The parts are not overclocked if that helps.
The board was the Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force Motherboard (socket 1150,Inter z87 Express)

Soldato
You need a board that supports the CPU using the same socket type(1150). H87 or H97 (if you don't need overclocking) or alternatively Z87 / Z97 (if you want overclocking options) should be relatively easy to source (i can see quite a few options on that second hand market place not everyone is a fan of).

Shouldn't need to worry about a bios update if you grab something H97/Z97, the out of the box CPU support is much better.

Associate
OP
You need a skt 1150 motherboard but what cpu do you have because some motherboards need a bios update to take certain cpu.

I have a Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail
Mostly going to use this pc as a backup so I don't think ill be oc it unless the board is quite cheap to support it.
How much should I be looking at for the boards give or take?
Cheers for the help.

Associate
Personally I would just look on ebay for a CPU/RAM/Motherboard bundle thats within your budget. At least then you know it should all work together, and you'll hopefully be buying a faster spec than what you currently have.

Back
Top Bottom