• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 3080

Associate
Yeah kinda wished I went for the Ultra.

Annoyingly EVGA wasn't the card I wanted in the first place. Just happened to have the tab up on the black gaming cause a friend wanted it. And just happened to work lol

Soldato
Well i've missed out this week's batch.

Think i'm getting screwed for not having the ultra edition. Here's hoping next week.

Associate
Decided (perhaps against my better judgement) to order a Vision OC too. Will take whichever comes first I think. Hoping to get a queue update with the Vision ASAP, lol.

Soldato
1. He went with a competitor
2. I got my order locked in at 14:13 so I doubt he was ahead of me (but if he was said competitor has given an ETA for the next batch)
3. I've spent nearly £4,000 with OcUK over the year but this is my first Day 1 buy, and the fact they knew they couldn't source them and listem them anyway is what pushed me over the edge. They knew what they did was wrong because EVGA are the only 3080 which have had pre-orders disabled and they just ignored the EVGA 3090 series.
Fair enough, can't argue with any of those points.

Associate
They refused to give me a queue position when I emailed. Said it was against company policy.
I can tell you, I didn't manage to actually order until 16:30 ish. The site was terrible, in the end I phoned and ordered it.
My order number ends in 552 if that's any use. Rhymes with Ran

So glad I got suckered into the Ultra. With the, oh, it's only another £20, why not Seeing as non ultras are not appearing.

Something odd is going on here. I ordered at 14:57 but my number is 8917 and I'm 114 in the queue :(

Associate
Cant seem to find the answer if overclockers are getting strix cards as I can only see tuf cards in shipments there is zero transparency wish they would just tell me so I can cancel my order if they aren't going to get any stock

Associate
I'm pretty upset that I went for the EVGA gaming black card now, I wasn't aware of EVGA prioritising the USA for supply before and to find out that i'm essentially 700 quid down for a 'maybe before christmas' is disappointing, I've sat on a 970 for several years now waiting for the right time to upgrade so I was super stoked to finally get around to do it.

I'm 107 in the queue for this, NHS worker, parent of 3(So gaming comes at a premium anyway), was just hoping for a little 'win' before the covid storm in the winter! I guess for now I'll hold on in the queue and hope there isn't any damage between OCUK and EVGA, thanks everyone for updating any information you find!

Associate
image0.jpg

Over clockers was one of the tabs open on the 17th but it never loaded for me, had constant errors, I wanted a FE but went with the Ultra and it arrived this week.

Associate
Spoke to someone at OCUK and they mentioned they have no idea when they are getting EVGA cards and they could be thinking about contacting all EVGA customers from OCUK and requesting they pick another card.

Soldato
I'm pretty upset that I went for the EVGA gaming black card now, I wasn't aware of EVGA prioritising the USA for supply before and to find out that i'm essentially 700 quid down for a 'maybe before christmas' is disappointing, I've sat on a 970 for several years now waiting for the right time to upgrade so I was super stoked to finally get around to do it.

I'm 107 in the queue for this, NHS worker, parent of 3(So gaming comes at a premium anyway), was just hoping for a little 'win' before the covid storm in the winter! I guess for now I'll hold on in the queue and hope there isn't any damage between OCUK and EVGA, thanks everyone for updating any information you find!

What's your job got to do anything? Check yourself, if you care that much about it you probably come across as a tit to people. How would a supplier know/care what job you do.

Associate
Spoke to someone at OCUK and they mentioned they have no idea when they are getting EVGA cards and they could be thinking about contacting all EVGA customers from OCUK and requesting they pick another card.

Poster above said OC's distributor Exertis might be getting some in stock by the end of the month. I've emailed them to confirm this. If OC email me telling me to order another card I wonder if they're going to add my free copy of Watchdogs to my Vision OC order, instead of my XC3 Ultra order..

What a ****show.

Associate
Poster above said OC's distributor Exertis might be getting some in stock by the end of the month. I've emailed them to confirm this. If OC email me telling me to order another card I wonder if they're going to add my free copy of Watchdogs to my Vision OC order, instead of my XC3 Ultra order..

What a ****show.
I doubt you'll get a response by email, I didn't share what I found out so that people would proceed to spam them with update requests so for anyone else please don't email/call them. Doing this will force them to stop giving info, I am trying to find out as much as I can and unlike OcUK I will relay it to you.

The reason I can't provide screenshots or something like that is I'm 70% sure the info we want is locked behind a NDA so any info I do get will be he said/she said type of deal without anything concrete to back it up, however I think this is better than not saying anything.

Back
Top Bottom