• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
So you want to have an opinion but do now want to be challenged on it, that is not how it works on a disscussion forum so I suggest you grow up and stop the childish comments.
Yes agree, whilst we are all frustrated by the Ampere rollout, a line is being crossed on this forum and there is no need.

Associate
Inno3D communicated those numbers to me, I will do what I can but I know they already diverted more stock to OcUK to help fulfill demand, I am sure there will be another good shipment in a few weeks which of course you will absolutely get one.

You mentioned your forwarder received the first 1/3 of the Inno3D shipment containing 3080/3090 x2's. What is the total amount and split b/w 3080s and 3090s on that shipment? Surely that info is with the forwarder. I am 15 in queue and was hoping to secure a card with this shipment.

Thanks for the overdue appearance on the forum.

Associate
No the bottom line is that you make the decision on what to do, but you accept the responsibility for the outcome.

It wasn't me that made my personal financial problems the talking point of the discussion thread. And people that frown on taking advice because of some emotional disdain for others and their ivory towers are the ones liable to run into the same problems again in future. Some mistakes you can't take back but you can at least learn from them and not make them again, if you blame other people for your choices you discard your responsibility and you just make it more likely it'll happen again. Thinking you're too good for advice is kind of a bad position to be in.

Don't get me wrong - I agree that taking it out without an ETA is a bad idea if you can't wait - the whole 'new credit agreements will hurt your credit file' makes no sense.

But saying that buying anything expensive on credit is bad? To me - also makes no sense. I have friends who have taken out credit on this and have done so purely to split the repayments and enjoy having money free to enjoy rather than making one big purchase in one go.

Everyone's situation is different - you can't make blanket statements on the topic.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Asus are going to be making none OC products as well, but as with all launches the first waves of stock are always the OC models, Asus have made no announcement stating none OC cards will be made and are still requesting resellers to setup and take orders for none OC products.

I know it's unlikely that @Gibbo will read this post, but on the off chance he does: Is the "first wave of stock" now over? Or are we still in whatever is considered the first wave? That should give a really useful answer to anyone on the non-OC waiting list about whether we're expecting to wait weeks or months for the first non-OC cards to arrive.

Associate
and cancelled. Gibbo pretty much confirmed that there are no non OC Strix cards yet and I'd be amazed if they arrived this side of new year. What an absolute **** show.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo any news on the kfa2 cards yet?

They cannot give us any concrete info yet, so far they cannot cope with Asia demand, let alone EU or UK.
They have promised to ship me some 3090's soon and potentially some 3070's but so far this month they feel they cannot ship any 3080 as they are simply getting nowhere near enough GPU from NVIDIA.

Soldato
Associate
They cannot give us any concrete info yet, so far they cannot cope with Asia demand, let alone EU or UK.
They have promised to ship me some 3090's soon and potentially some 3070's but so far this month they feel they cannot ship any 3080 as they are simply getting nowhere near enough GPU from NVIDIA.

On the Inno3D shipment with your forwarder in HK - is the ETA still before EOM and what quantities of 3080/3090s X2 are on the shipment?

OcUK Staff
On the Inno3D shipment with your forwarder in HK - is the ETA still before EOM and what quantities of 3080/3090s X2 are on the shipment?

3080 X2 is 20pc
3090 is 10pc

With our forwarders and should be with customs end of this week, if it clears fast will be with us next week. The rest of the 3080 X3/X4 should be collected late next week from HK.

Associate
@Gibbo how come there hasnt been a 3080 TUF non OC shipment for ages now? Not even Scan has had any. People have been saying they've stopped production, is that true

Back
Top Bottom