New system needed

Associate
Well it was 10 years ago i invested in a viper system from OC and its served me VERY well, still running well today all be it a little slow by todays standards, so, time for a new machine i feel.
Ive got around £1500 to spend, i mainly use the system for photo editing (just got myself a nice new DSLR) and gaming, recently installed flight sim 2020 and its a bit glitchy so whats the best bang for my buck.
Currently:-
i7 CPU [email protected] 2.79
12 GB Ram
Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card added after
gforce 1060 GTX 6gb added after
i have 2 extra SSD drives 1 for system and the other for storage

so whats my best option??
Looking forward to some great ideas
Tk

Soldato
Well it was 10 years ago i invested in a viper system from OC and its served me VERY well, still running well today all be it a little slow by todays standards, so, time for a new machine i feel.
Ive got around £1500 to spend, i mainly use the system for photo editing (just got myself a nice new DSLR) and gaming, recently installed flight sim 2020 and its a bit glitchy so whats the best bang for my buck.
Currently:-
i7 CPU [email protected] 2.79
12 GB Ram
Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card added after
gforce 1060 GTX 6gb added after
i have 2 extra SSD drives 1 for system and the other for storage

so whats my best option??
Looking forward to some great ideas
Tk

What software do you use for editing ?

What's your monitor Res and Hz ?

Flight sim eats VRam ! Also needs strong CPU. New ryzen 5*** are better then current Ryzen 3*** but currently until it's release it's Intel for flight sim with rtx 3080 or soon to be released rtx 3070. End if month and will announce rx6000 series of cards but then it'll hit the self 3 weeks after to looking end Nov .

Don't mind looking, can grab b550 Aorus board with free 500GB PCIe 4.0 m.2 worth £100 with current Ryzen 3***
Rtx 3080 has a long queue and rtx 3070 orders will be brutal !

Associate
OP
What software do you use for editing ?

What's your monitor Res and Hz ?

Flight sim eats VRam ! Also needs strong CPU. New ryzen 5*** are better then current Ryzen 3*** but currently until it's release it's Intel for flight sim with rtx 3080 or soon to be released rtx 3070. End if month and will announce rx6000 series of cards but then it'll hit the self 3 weeks after to looking end Nov .

Don't mind looking, can grab b550 Aorus board with free 500GB PCIe 4.0 m.2 worth £100 with current Ryzen 3***
Rtx 3080 has a long queue and rtx 3070 orders will be brutal !
Hiya, i use Light room and photoshop for editing, my monitor is not the best i know its a Benq g2420hdbl @60 Htz
Still undecided if i wanna go AMD or intel??

Soldato
I would grab a £8 Xeon x5650 6 core and drop it in to your current X58 motherboard and overclock it to 4ghz and then wait till January/Feb for the Gpu market to settle down and new CPU availablility before jumping to a new system.

Associate
OP
Hi do you need a pre built system or can you build yourself ?

Gaming the 9700k is still a strong cpu but zen 3 is available from 5th November.
I’d prefer a pre build system as buying an upgrade package scares the **** out of me lol. I’ve got an antec case and a 850 power supply so I have the bare bones to do this but it worries me to death if I buy £1300 of items and break them

Man of Honour
I’d prefer a pre build system as buying an upgrade package scares the **** out of me lol. I’ve got an antec case and a 850 power supply so I have the bare bones to do this but it worries me to death if I buy £1300 of items and break them
That's ok , sometimes the worry isn't worth the hassle for some especially when things go wrong.

The system you picked is a good option for 1440p gaming.

Flight sim 2020 can use more than 16gb of ram so get 32gb.

You could save £100 If you can install Windows yourself and buy a key for £10. Just Google it.

Yes there is new things coming so if you can wait mite be advisable.

Back
Top Bottom