• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Associate
uc

Associate
For anyone who got an FE yesterday (3080 or 3090) I've sent an email through to the place asking what's going down with the COD and GFN codes that should have come with the cards. I'll post up here with the response when it comes back. Probably best if we don't all spam them about the same thing :).

May get a quicker response asking them on Twitter I guess but I dont want to spam them myself, so if anyone else gets an answer on this before me please post up here and @ me...

Last edited:
Associate
I've just signed up to the part stock alerts discord that MrPils mentioned in the Founders Edition thread, not sure how it works though.

Just sit in the room for the card you want to get and watch for a link to be posted. You need to be fast clicking on it, but this discord group was the fastest of all the alerts groups in actually posting the links. All the others everything was always gone first. Bagged a 3080FE off it and they lasted under a minute once published, pretty good testament to how quick the alert goes out. You can see the timestamp for when all the previous alerts were posted if you scroll back through the alert rooms, just remember they cover all of europe so you want to look for UK ones specifically. Type ?rank uk in the assign ranks room to only get alerts sent to the UK and "everyone".

Good luck! :)

Associate
Just sit in the room for the card you want to get and watch for a link to be posted. You need to be fast clicking on it, but this discord group was the fastest of all the alerts groups in actually posting the links. All the others everything was always gone first. Bagged a 3080FE off it and they lasted under a minute once published, pretty good testament to how quick the alert goes out. You can see the timestamp for when all the previous alerts were posted if you scroll back through the alert rooms, just remember they cover all of europe so you want to look for UK ones specifically. Type ?rank uk in the assign ranks room to only get alerts sent to the UK and "everyone".

Good luck! :)
Thanks for the help, I don't understand the "everyone" comment, could you explain please.
Also do I have to keep watching discord group or will I get a sound playing through my headpones?
It just seems really opportunistic to be watching discord at the same time as a drop.

Associate
Thanks for the help, I don't understand the "everyone" comment, could you explain please.
Also do I have to keep watching discord group or will I get a sound playing through my headpones?
It just seems really opportunistic to be watching discord at the same time as a drop.

When a link gets posted its usually tagged with a country group so only those in that group get the notification. If its tagged to everyone then everyone gets it regardless of the group they joined :)

If you're after anything other than an FE card you have to sit watching, plenty of others are and they will get there before you if you dont.

If you're after an FE card you can follow my advice in the post I linked earlier, there hasn't yet been an FE drop arrive in the first half of the week, before 12:30pm or after 2:30pm. At least it gives you an educated guess at a time window and you don't have to sit there staring at discord all day. It's only an educated guess based on past drops though, nothing official. Personally I sat there in discord between 12pm and 3pm watching, last week I figured it would most likely be Friday as the 5000 series cpus launched Thursday and they'd want to deal with those first. The drops are usually 6 or 7 days apart so I would say its most likely going to be Thursday between 12pm and 3pm next week, but there's a good chance it could be Wednesday or Friday too. Or nothing. I have no inside information, just guesswork based on the last 3 weeks of drops.

Associate
When a link gets posted its usually tagged with a country group so only those in that group get the notification. If its tagged to everyone then everyone gets it regardless of the group they joined :)

If you're after anything other than an FE card you have to sit watching, plenty of others are and they will get there before you if you dont.

If you're after an FE card you can follow my advice in the post I linked earlier, there hasn't yet been an FE drop arrive in the first half of the week, before 12:30pm or after 2:30pm. At least it gives you an educated guess at a time window and you don't have to sit there staring at discord all day. It's only an educated guess based on past drops though, nothing official. Personally I sat there in discord between 12pm and 3pm watching, last week I figured it would most likely be Friday as the 5000 series cpus launched Thursday and they'd want to deal with those first. The drops are usually 6 or 7 days apart so I would say its most likely going to be Thursday between 12pm and 3pm next week, but there's a good chance it could be Wednesday or Friday too. Or nothing. I have no inside information, just guesswork based on the last 3 weeks of drops.
Thanks MrPils, appreciate the help.
Sorry for off topic.

Back
Top Bottom