Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I only have 2 tropic rubber straps now and 1 bracelet which I use on the Baltic when I feel like rotating between tropic and that :p

I have had loads of watches over the last few years though which may be what you are remembering. After a while I fancied something new/different and continued that mission really but think maybe this time I have finally found the two watches I really like.

This is all I have now :p

watch%20box.jpg
That picture really shows how mechanical watches look so much nicer then digital ones and am a person that normally only wears digital watches
(apart from the last few years where i been wearing a Samsung S3 Frontier smart watch)

Man of Honour
I cannot get on with smart watches. Just the thought of having to charge something else up every other night just frustrates me!

But yeah, analogue will always be timeless (heh). For me those two have a historically significant style that will always look good as the rest of the world evolves with digital things.

Soldato
I cannot get on with smart watches. Just the thought of having to charge something else up every other night just frustrates me!

But yeah, analogue will always be timeless (heh). For me those two have a historically significant style that will always look good as the rest of the world evolves with digital things.

Look at a hybrid. Love my hybrid fossil hr collider; battery easily lasts a couple of weeks

Soldato
4ilf.jpg

Got gifted a coffee subscription for 6 months and my first delivery turned up today. I get a new one every 2 weeks and they're always random so hopefully I get to stumble across some gems

Associate
I literally had it in my basket on the sonos store and saw it's back-ordered until 18th December. :(
I have back ordered the Arc with Seven Oaks where my TV is coming from. Got a pair of ONE SL’s on the way from Curry’s that I managed to get for £128 each so quite pleased with that.

As for the sub, need to save up for that and figure a way of getting it into the lounge when the Mrs isn’t looking!

Soldato
I have back ordered the Arc with Seven Oaks where my TV is coming from. Got a pair of ONE SL’s on the way from Curry’s that I managed to get for £128 each so quite pleased with that.

As for the sub, need to save up for that and figure a way of getting it into the lounge when the Mrs isn’t looking!

You'll love the sub. I stupidly bought one before black friday for 699 but Richer Sounds price matched Curys so I ended up getting it £549. Very happy at that price. We went for the Arc as my partner didn't want rear surrounds but now I think I'll get some Ones next year and ask for forgiveness!

Just had some pictures for the kitchen turn up
Cilf.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato

Think of all the things most people are charging or has forgotten to charge.

Triple A and double A batteries for choice of device.
Headsets
Mice
Keyboards
Tablets
Phones
Tablet pens
Laptops
Game Controllers
Smart watches
Camera batteries

Associate
I only have 2 tropic rubber straps now and 1 bracelet which I use on the Baltic when I feel like rotating between tropic and that :p

I have had loads of watches over the last few years though which may be what you are remembering. After a while I fancied something new/different and continued that mission really but think maybe this time I have finally found the two watches I really like.

This is all I have now :p

watch%20box.jpg

Nice collection. Personally not a fan of watches that much as I use my phone a lot. However it feels like a missing accessory, and for someone in the land of watches I think I need a signature.

Would you have a recommendation for something hard wearing, would fit a suited attire and would work on a small wrist (17.5cm) without looking crazy. People in my place wear Patek, Bucherer etc. I do not want to spend this much as it seems like a poor money store to me. Maybe 1k CHF.

Or am I realistically not going to get anything nice for this and should instead go for "statement piece" of a health/smart watch whatever they. I loathe the idea of the data collection but might be easy way out?

Last edited:
Associate

I've just spent a fair bit on my home networking hardware so the Sonos will need to wait until next pay day :D. With all the house move going on, its good otherwise I won't get anything done haha :D

Soldato
Nice collection. Personally not a fan of watches that much as I use my phone a lot. However it feels like a missing accessory, and for someone in the land of watches I think I need a signature.

Would you have a recommendation for something hard wearing, would fit a suited attire for a small wrist (17.5cm) without looking crazy. People in my place wear Patek, Bucherer etc. I do not want to spend this much as it seems like a poor money store to me. Maybe 1k CHF.

Or am I realistically not going to get anything nice for this and should instead go for "statement piece" of a health/smart watch whatever they. I loathe the idea of the data collection but might be easy way out?
That's still a nice budget. What styling would you want though it's personal preference and probably a question better suited to the dedicated watch thread, I'd expect a Black Bay 36 would probably be out of the price range and you'd be looking at something more from a microbrand with an ETA movement potentially - or maybe something from Hamilton? They have a lot of nice options at that range.

Associate
That's still a nice budget. What styling would you want though it's personal preference and probably a question better suited to the dedicated watch thread, I'd expect a Black Bay 36 would probably be out of the price range and you'd be looking at something more from a microbrand with an ETA movement potentially - or maybe something from Hamilton? They have a lot of nice options at that range.

Excellent suggestion. That is a nice watch (https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-32-36-41/m79500-0004). I would be tempted by it, but 2,800 is more than I would like to pay as I could imagine losing it fairly easily...

Main preference is something that doesn't look too gaudy. I wear typically dark suits, double cuffed shirts with quiet cufflinks (usually silver/gold colouring)., so something that fits into that style. Brand not important as I'm not going to compete with the other people and their collections.

Caporegime

Would you have a recommendation for something hard wearing, would fit a suited attire for a small wrist (17.5cm) without looking crazy. People in my place wear Patek, Bucherer etc. I do not want to spend this much as it seems like a poor money store to me. Maybe 1k CHF.

Pointless.

I've spent several £k on single pieces.

Breitling, Rado, Christopher ward, Mueller and a Rolex.

I end up not wearing them but a £15 Xiaomi mi band 5.

In fact i just sold my Christopher ward on eBay and got more than what I paid for it new.

I'm tempted to sell the Rado next.

I bought mine because mates were buying nice watches. Sure they impressed women in bars but they were only after one thing then. It became quite obvious when we would go to a certain type of club where you get private dances and such on special occasions like birthdays.

As soon as they saw the watch they could tell it was real as they see a lot of fakes in their time and then they would be all over you.

I even looked at a fake version of my Rado when I was in Bangkok and when you have owned the real thing you can spot a fake within 2 seconds. The stones weren't right you could also see whatever was underneath they had crudely glued them to shiny metal patches.

I told the guy it was a bad fake and he kept lowering the price and I'm like I'm not trying to bargain with you I have the real one and he kept on lowering the price.

If you don't really have a passion for them it's going to be a waste. Maybe buy a cheap watch and see how it goes.

I don't wear any of mine.

Soldato
Think of all the things most people are charging or has forgotten to charge.

Triple A and double A batteries for choice of device.
Headsets
Mice
Keyboards
Tablets
Phones
Tablet pens
Laptops
Game Controllers
Smart watches
Camera batteries

Headsets are the annoying one.

I've got a nice Plantronics one from work that also has a docking station, but it's more of a click in to charge rather than wireless/magnetic. So i have had a couple of occasions where i've not clicked it into the dock to continue charging and come the following morning go to dial into a meeting and find i've got a dead headset.

Associate
Pointless.

I've spent several £k on single pieces.

Breitling, Rado, Christopher ward, Mueller and a Rolex.

I end up not wearing them but a £15 Xiaomi mi band 5.

In fact i just sold my Christopher ward on eBay and got more than what I paid for it new.

I'm tempted to sell the Rado next.

I bought mine because mates were buying nice watches. Sure they impressed women in bars but they were only after one thing then. It became quite obvious when we would go to a certain type of club where you get private dances and such on special occasions like birthdays.

As soon as they saw the watch they could tell it was real as they see a lot of fakes in their time and then they would be all over you.

I even looked at a fake version of my Rado when I was in Bangkok and when you have owned the real thing you can spot a fake within 2 seconds. The stones weren't right you could also see whatever was underneath they had crudely glued them to shiny metal patches.

I told the guy it was a bad fake and he kept lowering the price and I'm like I'm not trying to bargain with you I have the real one and he kept on lowering the price.

If you don't really have a passion for them it's going to be a waste. Maybe buy a cheap watch and see how it goes.

I don't wear any of mine.

Was this a suggestion or a rant?

Soldato

You'll recognise his posting style soon enough to learn to ignore it :)

Although i agree with his point, if watches don't interest you there' no point spending the money, although there is an excellent "high end fake" market around these days i've seen around the £200 which certainly look very good fakes vs the cheap tat you can buy on the streets in Spain etc

Caporegime

I suggest you get a cheap watch like £300-£500 and see how it goes.

A watch is a watch to me.

It's why I wear a £15 one Vs my £1500+ ones.

If you have no interest it's pointless buying one.

This is your own words

Personally not a fan of watches that much as I use my phone a lot. However it feels like a missing accessory.

You aren't a fan it's likely going to be a pointless endeavour much like mine has been.

Last edited:
Associate
Back
Top Bottom