• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
I hadn't seen that yet, cheers. Though on the Nvidia cards it doesn't throttle until 110C and speculation has it that Nvidia got special dispensation to run it above the official specs. Either way it's damn toasty.
They probably should have just used better thermal pads then it wouldn't need to run above spec.

Man of Honour
OP

No pics of the card as it installed and under my table i cant be bothered to drag the case out :)
Here's mine! And yes that's an NZXT H1. Temps are actually better than my 5700xt.

hkJ81vj.jpeg
zUetos6.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

4c6gykz.jpg

Date 06/06/2021, Make Asus TUF, ceeK, Link
Date 06/06/2021, Make NVidia FE, kamz, Link
Date 05/06/2021, Make NVidia FE, PurePickage, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3080 Ti

Associate
https://pasteboard.co/K5tvnk7.jpg

K5tvnk7.jpg

Handles +200 stable on the core (2100) and +500 (11000) memory so far, I'll push it more once I get a waterblock sorted.

EDIT: Not sure why the image embed is not working, am I being dumb?

Soldato
I wasnt even aware the 3080Ti had been released. On the roll of honour there are 3 cards. Is this the total Nvidia made?

Associate
Never bothered doing this before but feel I need to help make the list actually look like a list! Arrived Saturday morning but couldn't install until all 4 of my boys were in bed! Stayed up until 3am playing and tweaking stuff and just generally enjoying the card :D

CkU0Ebn.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Played around with undervolting yesterday. Currently got it down to 0.85v at ~1915 with performance pretty much the same (was boosting to 1950mhz stock). GPU temp peaks at 64c but is usually lower, memory peaks at 84c, which is great for my SFF case. Stock fan curve so still playing around with that but impressed so far.

Undervolting helps a bit with the coil whine too, although it's still noticeable even at low FPS. Any load above 250w and it'll start to creep up in volume.

Last edited:
Soldato
Set up my TUF 3080 Ti yesterday. Got super lucky to get a card although didn't get too lucky with coil whine. Very noticeable compared to my 5700xt even at low frames. Currently playing with undervolting and moving my case to try and dampen the sound; definitely not sending it back in the current climate!

Really happy with the temps though, the TUF design is pretty good there.

Pretty common to be fair. I’ve been through 10+ cards in recent years because of it and in the end I just moved my case further away.

Probably the best decision because I don’t have to worry about anything noise related anymore.

Undervolting does make a huge difference though. You can half the power usage for 5-7% in total performance.

Back
Top Bottom