Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
I walked into my local pub (doubling up as a bottle shop until they can open properly) and before I said hello the guy excitedly said “right, what’s the theme this week?” I think he’s getting some joy from this!

Soldato
I walked into my local pub (doubling up as a bottle shop until they can open properly) and before I said hello the guy excitedly said “right, what’s the theme this week?” I think he’s getting some joy from this!

Haha, nice. I had a good chat with the shop I got my Trillium one for A from because I had to ask for it and they're quite pricey. Said I'd be back for some of the other weeks :D.

Capodecina
Soldato
No foreign variations.

'Dark' can be anywhere but I need to see it so you might have to go to the effort of more than 1 pic.
Label is easiest though.

Oh OK, that makes it slightly easier. I thought it just had to be in the name. If it's just anywhere on the label that's easier. I should be able to get hold of something decent then.

Soldato
OP
Glad you said about the foreign variations as my H entry was possibly going to be a beer called 'F*ck de kerstboom staat in de fik!!'.
It's Dutch should you wish to translate the name.

I think that's going to be quite a tricky round given we're in the middle of the year!

That was part of my thinking, but then nearly every category is middle of the year (compared to Xmas) so it wouldn't really matter.

The foreign name thing would take me a while to translate if everyone did it especially when I have a hangover on Sunday mornings. So any round that requires more detail or certain words to appear will not allow foreign wording.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the clarification. I did a little stalking and found potentially the winning beer, but i'd have never got it in time :(

If people are trying to find out the brewery closest to me, there is a good chance of not matching with the theme. And they tend to do most of it in my local alehouse so my friends would have had it too.

I'm certainly interested in seeing what people enter as I like dark beers which I think is likely to be the most common entry.

Soldato
OP
I know it, had a few from there which were quite nice according to my history.

I have just realised that I haven't thought of a tie-breaker should 2 or more people enter a beer from the same brewery closest to me. And even then it could be the same beer.
Might go with first come, first served.

Back
Top Bottom