Future Gaming PC

Associate
Waiting for new on the RTX 3090 so have stuck into my build a RTX 2080ti just to get an idea of cost.

Game only PC, playing sim racing games ie RF2, PC2, AMS2. PC will feed 4 monitors. 3 x 32" 1440p 1244Hz Nvidia Surround and 1 x 28" 1440 for leaderboards etc

This is what I am thinking of and would love your feeedback, suggestion and any reccomended changes

Out of interest re memory am I better getting 4 x 8gb or 2 x 16gb

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,674.94 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting for new on the RTX 3090 so have stuck into my build a RTX 2080ti just to get an idea of cost.

Game only PC, playing sim racing games ie RF2, PC2, AMS2. PC will feed 4 monitors. 3 x 32" 1440p 1244Hz Nvidia Surround and 1 x 28" 1440 for leaderboards etc

This is what I am thinking of and would love your feeedback, suggestion and any reccomended changes

Out of interest re memory am I better getting 4 x 8gb or 2 x 16gb

Total: £2,674.94 (includes shipping: £0.00)

10850k and save £100, then overclock to match overclocked 10900k. Also you'll need a GOOD 360 CLC/AIO. Aorus unit one of the best flashy CLC but Eisbaer is cheaper and full copper !
32GB at 3600hz but not flashy

Total: £774.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)

If you cash is mATX and can't fit 360 AIO, then customer water , or new case that can or ATX mobo with ATX case .

You'll be looking at 850w for 3090!!!!!

Oh, and the Aorus 3090 is huge @Plec I know you like it Xtreme... See what I did there... PICKLE RICK​

Associate
OP
I seem to remember you had a fair bit of input for my premier pro build.

i fear you maybe right re needing a larger case. i do happen to have a Corsair Carbide 400 sitting in a cupboard but i now prefer cube style cases so may have a look to see whats around that takes my fancy.

this pc will be part of my showcase sim rig so want it to look special, hence RGB.

Soldato
I seem to remember you had a fair bit of input for my premier pro build.

i fear you maybe right re needing a larger case. i do happen to have a Corsair Carbide 400 sitting in a cupboard but i now prefer cube style cases so may have a look to see whats around that takes my fancy.

this pc will be part of my showcase sim rig so want it to look special, hence RGB.

:)

Few car Sim posts I've helped with. Intel has the advantage and seems most uses 4 cores and 8 threads due to being DX11 only... Currently...
Thought some have pushed 6 cores with more cars in the field and weather effects .
But core speed should help you with intel !

Keeping the above Corsair
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...k-tempered-glass-cc-9011168-ww-ca-24l-cs.html

But AIO will have to go in the front ... TT and Lian Li have designed their cube cases better In this regard .
And with Corsair you'll need to keep an eye on GPU length and AIB 3090 look huge ! Reason why Aorus did use 100mm fans but stacked them on top of the middle to keep length good 40mm shorter then the rest .
Think new one is 310mm odd as fans spaced out a little more !

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cheers, been having a look on youtube. I have the smaller corsair 280x but as some reviewers have said it not the best for cooling.

however i saw the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic case which gets good reviews https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-midi-tower-black-window-ca-76s-ll.html

so its a given - i9-10850k

you seemed to have plumped for only 16gb ram, is 32 overkill for a gaming rig?

I do have a spare corsair 280 AIo in the cubboard?

i also have a couple of spare Corsair 3200 8gb rgb ram stick in the same cupboard?

any particular reason for the Gigabyte Mobo, is their bios and better from the x99 days?

Also why not matx

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers, been having a look on youtube. I have the smaller corsair 280x but as some reviewers have said it not the best for cooling.

however i saw the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic case which gets good reviews https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-midi-tower-black-window-ca-76s-ll.html

so its a given - i9-10850k

you seemed to have plumped for only 16gb ram, is 32 overkill for a gaming rig?

I do have a spare corsair 280 AIo in the cubboard?

i also have a couple of spare Corsair 3200 8gb rgb ram stick in the same cupboard?

any particular reason for the Gigabyte Mobo, is their bios and better from the x99 days?

Also why not matx

Bios has vastly improved, still think asus is easier to use though. mainly design and Customer Service .

reuse ram if you've got it etc, even if 4 sticks as intel memory controller is better then AMD at the mo with multiple sticks . and ram speed isnt as crucial as AMD.

280 MIIGHT be okay... but depends how old it is. CLC asetek units left alone unused for a while... well just cut the tubes and see the fluid if its been years . 10 core intel wiill run HOT overclocked !

jCZyK5b.jpg

How i noow roll though

LCQVZnd.jpg

shouuld be fine with 16GB unless running Flight Sim 2020

need to save as much as you can for rtx 3*** haha

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The aoi i have was in use about 2 weeks ago. Its a Corsair H110i

counting down the hours for info on 3000 series. I think announcement is 2am uk time, not that i will be waiting up ;)

why atx and not matx? Don't think i would need expandability of atx and matx takes up less room

Soldato
The aoi i have was in use about 2 weeks ago. Its a Corsair H110i

counting down the hours for info on 3000 series. I think announcement is 2am uk time, not that i will be waiting up ;)

why atx and not matx? Don't think i would need expandability of atx and matx takes up less room

5PM BTS (always get miixed up with day light savings though and GMT)

try it with your current AIO... even if got spare fans for push pull to keep flow high but noise down

Sorry, most matx cases had poor airflow , or lack of ability to handle 2080ti flagship AIB cards with their huge sizing .
Have improved though . Surprising like Kolinks new matx . Just the case of getting Rad space to handle 10850k... Which you should be overclocking easily 5ghz + on all 10 cores to push it to levels AMD can't match .

And don't forget 850w for RTX 3090 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
I have the Fractal Design Celsius 24 in my office pc and very pleased with it. What i love about it is the cable management wich is such a good idea compared to competitors. No messy cables coming out the block except one.

so i may keep the H110i for gpu cooling and buy the revised FD Celsius 36+ Prisma

Sorry, most matx cases had poor airflow , or lack of ability to handle 2080ti flagship AIB cards with their huge sizing .
Have improved though . Surprising like Kolinks new matx . Just the case of getting Rad space to handle 10850k... Which you should be overclocking easily 5ghz + on all 10 cores to push it to levels AMD can't match .

And don't forget 850w for RTX 3090 !
I would go for the Lian Li case. So its not the case size, just maybe matx mobo

of course the 850 psu

So, this is what my buy list is looking like

Total: £1,103.11 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

^^^ @orbitalwalsh - OP needs some guidance with last spec.

:D

CPU and Mobo dont match up :)

mATX board looks weird in ATX case. Also 2 m.2 Vs 3 on ATX

Total: £630.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Soldato

Total: £630.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)
Ta-Daaaah!

*(If i had commented/rectified i wouldn't have been able to resist adding a Ryzen spec. But as you're an INTEL shill i knew you would resist :D)

Associate
OP

Oopps, left over when i was first looking :rolleyes:

revised spec

Total: £1,103.11 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Associate
OP
IF i did go ATX I would probably go MSI Mag Tomahawk

yes the msi is an option however i fancy an Asus and at the spend i am making £40 not much extra

ps you can get the non wifi fir about £25 less, not sure i have ever used wifi on a desktop pc

Soldato
IF i did go ATX I would probably go MSI Mag Tomahawk

yes the msi is an option however i fancy an Asus and at the spend i am making £40 not much extra

ps you can get the non wifi fir about £25 less, not sure i have ever used wifi on a desktop pc

fan of the b450, but b550 and z490 not so much, and £200 with no wifi to others .
BIOS i doo like , for simple easy auto overclock!
customer service is shocking .

nice that you can get non wifi version then!

Back
Top Bottom