Mac Mini Beating Video Editor and Gaming £2,500

Associate
Hi all,

My MacBook Pro isn't powerful enough to edit the 4K video I've been filming. I was going to upgrade to the new Mac Mini but I feel I can get more for my money's worth by building a PC. I'm also getting itchy fingers, I haven't built a PC since the X99 days and I miss dabbling in gaming and overclocking too.

I do not need Keyboard, Mouse, OS or screen. I don't need Thunderbolt or 10G Ethernet support because I'd like to stick to a full tower that has plenty of internal space for SSDs and HDDs (which I will fill up in the future).

So for £2,500 can I do much better than this?
(Technically it comes in just over budget but I've seen the PSU and GPU on sale elsewhere that would bring it just inside of my budget).

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,675.13 (includes shipping: £15.30)​

Thanks

Associate
How much have you seen the Aorus 1080ti for else where? I would get a 2080 instead of a 1080ti tbh if buying new (you can get that card for just over £500 second hand). Also that PSU is a little overkill IMO for that build. You could get an RM850X for £100 less.
Also get the 5g tube of Kryonaut which will last much longer but doesn't cost that much more.

Back
Top Bottom