New Build £3k budget

Soldato
Hi all,

My PC is over 11 years old now and I'm looking to build a new machine that will be for both game development and gaming in general. My last build was a bit dull so I'm going full RGB mode :p , was just checking is there anything I'm missing or adjustments that would be worth making or to wait for upcoming releases?

Thanks!

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,970.44 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi

I would go with the regular PCO11 unless you actually like the Razer logo on the front.

The MSI X570 Tomahawk is a better board at the £200 or so mark, but I would wait for B550 on the 16th.

The Ram is a bit expensive because it is Corsair. The Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 3200MHz kit is cheaper.

Swap out the Samsung SSD for a Team MP34 1TB and the SATA one for a WD Blue.

The gpu is also well overpriced. I wouldn't spend that much on a 2080 Super especially when the 3000 series are due around September. I would get something like a 5700XT or 2070 Super for the short term.

The Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 or Arctic Liquid Freezer 360 are both cheaper. If you want one with RGB fans then maybe look at the CoolerMaster ML360R.

I personally think it is a bit crazy to spend £230 on fans. You can probably get cheaper alternatives from other Brands. Same goes for spending £80 on a couple of cables. Also the 24 pin one isn't the 'Plus' version so it doesn't match.

Soldato
OP
Hi

I would go with the regular PCO11 unless you actually like the Razer logo on the front.

The MSI X570 Tomahawk is a better board at the £200 or so mark, but I would wait for B550 on the 16th.

The Ram is a bit expensive because it is Corsair. The Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 3200MHz kit is cheaper.

Swap out the Samsung SSD for a Team MP34 1TB and the SATA one for a WD Blue.

The gpu is also well overpriced. I wouldn't spend that much on a 2080 Super especially when the 3000 series are due around September. I would get something like a 5700XT or 2070 Super for the short term.

The Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 or Arctic Liquid Freezer 360 are both cheaper. If you want one with RGB fans then maybe look at the CoolerMaster ML360R.

I personally think it is a bit crazy to spend £230 on fans. You can probably get cheaper alternatives from other Brands. Same goes for spending £80 on a couple of cables. Also the 24 pin one isn't the 'Plus' version so it doesn't match.

Hi Lee thanks for that!

I'm not sure to hold pull the purchase trgigger or wait until September is there any notable releases that might be coming up for a Ryzen build?

Associate
If you wait to the 15th alongside the B550 chipset AMD should be announcing faster XT suffixed processors.

Equally I wouldn't be going for that razer case if you are planning to use Corsair RGB fans, the razer software won't work with corsair and the 2 pieces of software won't play well.

Personally I'm sticking to Razer Synapse and Razer chroma with my new watercooled build but I'm grabbing an argb fans and a Zalman z-sync hub to do all the heavy lifting there.

But if you want to stick to Corsair, save yourself the £35 and buy the standard o11 case and then add a couple of phanteks neon strips if you want to.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks guys , I'm currently using new monitors the Razer Raptor 27 2560x1440 (can probably see why the rgb overkill
biggrin.gif
) was hoping to link as much to synapse as possible, I saw Nvidia new gpus will come out around September so I might wait for that upgrade since my GPU is a somewhat recent upgrade 1080 gtx , are amd cpus coming out within that time frame?

Associate
Thanks guys , I'm currently using new monitors the Razer Raptor 27 2560x1440 (can probably see why the rgb overkill
biggrin.gif
) was hoping to link as much to synapse as possible, I saw Nvidia new gpus will come out around September so I might wait for that upgrade since my GPU is a somewhat recent upgrade 1080 gtx , are amd cpus coming out within that time frame?

In which case you probably wish to avoid corsair as I said above and look for items that can be controlled by 5v addressable rgb motherboards.

I'm planning to use Synapse to control things so I have a zalman zsync lined up to act as the hub for my new system. Downside is I ordered the wrong size 90 degree compression fittings (G3/8 rather than G1/4 arrived yesterday) so it's going to be next week now before I start the build.

Back
Top Bottom