• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hey guys, new to the forum. I bought a 3080 Strix OC and was queue position 247 when they first sent out the emails a few weeks ago
Just trying to catch up, I can see that some Strix OC are arriving with OCUK in the coming days, as well as the statement from Asus, but is there any useful info you guys can give me I might have missed?

Tbh I just want mine before Cyberpunk releases (like many of us probably) and I'm fairly confident I'll get it... I think?
Nobody knows, my advice to you is try and get one elsewhere if possible and cancel this one if you are successful getting one elsewhere. Otherwise its just wait and see.

Associate
I am sure they aren't hiding the exact quantities to annoy us. There is a reason, we just don't 100% know what that reason is. My guess is they have some kind of NDA.

I would have thought that OEM GPUs would be used for prebuild computers and those obviously don't come in retail packaging. So I am not convinced they are poaching stock for prebuilds.

Associate
What are people estimating what "OK amount" is. Like 70ish?

The Ventus last week were an "ok" amount, and we saw queue position 48 get a shipment email, 50 places moved near the front of the queue, then after the queue email went out 53rd reported getting a shipment email, so "ok" either means "50ish" or the same as "average" which is more than 50.

Associate
Was 270 is msi gaming x trio queue. Cancelled it last week for a number of issues build quality and scalping to name a few. I was happy to go to the back of the Asus strix oc queue. If the 20gb cards come out before I get it I will order one of them and wait. What's important to me is getting the card I'm happy with. I do not blame overclockers over stock and the delay. This is a global supply issue although the US and Germany seem to be getting a majority of the supply from what I've read

Associate
My evidence is all over the internet, it was pointed out by Linus. Google it, you will find it. As for "the case has been dropped" I couldn't care any less, I'm more interested in the effect it had on deliveries rather than how big of a **** MSI got up their behind for doing this.

You sound pretty toxic. Either way you have no evidence there is no delays so *sticks tongue out*

Associate
Was 270 is msi gaming x trio queue. Cancelled it last week for a number of issues build quality and scalping to name a few. I was happy to go to the back of the Asus strix oc queue. If the 20gb cards come out before I get it I will order one of them and wait. What's important to me is getting the card I'm happy with. I do not blame overclockers over stock and the delay. This is a global supply issue although the US and Germany seem to be getting a majority of the supply from what I've read
Nobody here blames OC for the stock shortage. We blame them for the aftersales support/information or lack there of. The fact they don't want to tell us anything and are still taking pre-orders is quite frustrating. That they make promises and assertions which convince you to part with your cash only to find out you've been duped and are stuck. The only option is to cancel or stay stuck. But hey at least we got a number and a little hope ;)

Associate
Nobody here blames OC for the stock shortage. We blame them for the aftersales support/information or lack there of. The fact they don't want to tell us anything and are still taking pre-orders is quite frustrating. That they make promises and assertions which convince you to part with your cash only to find out you've been duped and are stuck. The only option is to cancel or stay stuck. But hey at least we got a number and a little hope ;)

^ This

To be honest, there is a good argument for pointing the Advertising Standards Authority at OcUK over their 30 series status page https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NVIDIA-30-Series-Status because it seems to contain misleading or incorrect information (or at the very least assertions without evidence) that would materially affect people's decisions to purchase at OcUK instead of other competitors.

Associate
so this is coming up on the second week of there being no RTX 3080 gaming trio's delivered to overclockers uk, is there even any point in us waiting for our order seeing as there seems to be no communication to customers about when theres a delivery or you know an actual amount of cards in a delivery what is a "close to large shipment" in numbers? what is an OK shipment in numbers? and the most important part WHEN WILL THERE BE A SHIPMENT OF the 3080 MSI GAMING TRIO'S

Associate
My girlfriends mums boyfriend sent me this.
So jelly, especially when I'm in queue for a non OC strix.

http://imgur.com/gallery/isDd251
isDd251

Associate
My order went through at about 5pm on the day they released, can't remember exact time. My position is 247 according to the first queue email I got
Hopefully your queue will start moving. I ordered about the same time, but I'm nearly 500 places behind you... I should have switched while I had the chance! :D

Associate
You luckly people who get shipment emails today, remember we'd love to know what your queue position was to try to guess how many in total shipped! And since I'm going to be out and about till mid-afternoon I'd love it if someone could try to keep track of the highest position to get an email and drop a link to the post in the comments on the recent shipments page of the queue spreadsheet! (I don't want to miss the highest number when this thread has twenty more pages to read through).

And a reminder to those of you who get a queue update email today/tomorrow (I'm hoping OC will be quicker about sending it out this time) it'd be awesome if when you do you could fill in another copy of the queue data form for the spreadsheet of queue positions.

Back
Top Bottom