SPEC REQUEST/CHECK for Video/photo editing/gaming

Associate
Hey guys,

Planning on building my first ever PC! I wondered if somebody would be so kind as to look over my specifications. My main purpose for the build is for high quality adobe video/photo editing, however I do love games and may upgrade at some point to make it a high-performance gaming PC.

Here are my thoughts -

Go with an intel i7-9700k processor with integrated graphics. I would prefer AMD but as the Ryzen 7 has no integrated graphics, so i would have to buy a GPU at the same time, and I was hoping to save money on my build by buying this later. Do people think this is sensible? I have been reading that AMD seem to be taking the edge on intel recently, but is the difference significant? Is it so significant that I should absolutely just find the extra cash and go AMD plus a GPU? If so, could they recommend me an AMD build starting with a Ryzen 7?

If not, please could you check over my Intel build and help me fill in the blanks? Thankyou!!

CPU: Intel i7-9700k
GPU: Integrated
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18
Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1 TB SATA 2.5" Internal SSD
Motherboard: ???? Something with blutooth and wifi ideally?
PSU: ???? I'm told something 600w and over will do?
Tower: Sahara P35 RGB tempered glasses gaming ATX case with 4 x Turbo Pirate 12cm True RGB case fans

I am open to suggestions to changing any of the above - especially if there is a cheaper alternative with similar function!

Thanks so much, looking forward to responses.

Associate
How about going for the cheaper Ryzen 3600 to save loads of money and get 16gb instead of 32gb corsair vengence ram to save even more money and buying a Nvidia 2060 with the money saved but you may also need to go slightly over budget as the 2060 does cost around £300 but do you have a budget?

Soldato
go AMD crazy to buy a dead intel platform/ which may get slower in due to security patches, you could always slot in a zen 4 16 core when it comes out in the future

Associate
OP
How about going for the cheaper Ryzen 3600 to save loads of money and get 16gb instead of 32gb corsair vengence ram to save even more money and buying a Nvidia 2060 with the money saved but you may also need to go slightly over budget as the 2060 does cost around £300 but do you have a budget?

Thanks for your reply!

I kind of want to future proof the processor and having a high-end processor that could accommodate a sweet GPU in the future seems like a good idea... 16gb is probably a good idea though - this will be plenty I assume?

My budget currently is around £800 - £1000, not including a monitor, keyboard or mouse - I have those :)

Associate
OP
Thank you! I might go for 2x 8GB RAM at 3600MHz and still save money - would you still recommend the patrior viper steel brand or should I stick with corsair? The rest all looks great though!

Associate
Thanks for your reply!

I kind of want to future proof the processor and having a high-end processor that could accommodate a sweet GPU in the future seems like a good idea... 16gb is probably a good idea though - this will be plenty I assume?

My budget currently is around £800 - £1000, not including a monitor, keyboard or mouse - I have those :)

That is what I thought 16gb will be plenty in my opinion, you also have the other processors too like the 3800X but that is about double the price, the 3600 should be good for plenty of years, I have a Ryzen 1600 with a Nvidia 1060 and 16gb of ram in my computer I built a couple of years ago and I do video editing in premiere pro and like messing around in photoshop and at the moment I am playing RDR2 and Wreckfest and my computer handles everything nicely and that is why the next time I upgrade I am going to go for a Ryzen Processor and Nvidia card again, that will not be for another couple of years though

Back
Top Bottom