White VGA Light on? ASUS Prime x570 Pro

Associate
Hi, as the title suggests I've recently got a new LG27850 monitor which is connected through Display Port. All was well yesterday when I first got it but have noticed today the white VGA LED is always on now but everything appears fine? It is picking up my graphics card in windows, fan is spinning and clock speeds are fine. Seems to be playing games just fine. I have noticed that when booting the PC it just goes straight to windows with no options of even entering the BIOS but assuming this is just the fast boot option. Just a blank screen until windows appears and I am in my desktop. It definitely was not there before, my PC is sitting to my right on the desk and the LED is very bright. Can see it in the corner of my eye it's very annoying haha.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I have checked everything is connected and seated fine. Tried the other Display port on my graphics card, still the same. I was already on the most recent ASUS BIOS which was only released this month. Only thing I have changed is my monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, as the title suggests I've recently got a new LG27850 monitor which is connected through Display Port. All was well yesterday when I first got it but have noticed today the white VGA LED is always on now but everything appears fine? It is picking up my graphics card in windows, fan is spinning and clock speeds are fine. Seems to be playing games just fine. I have noticed that when booting the PC it just goes straight to windows with no options of even entering the BIOS. Just a blank screen until windows appears and I am in my desktop. It definitely was not there before, my PC is sitting to my right on the desk and the LED is very bright. Can see it in the corner of my eye it's very annoying haha.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I have checked everything is connected and seated fine. Tried the other Display port on my graphics card, still the same. I was already on the most recent ASUS BIOS which was only released this month. Only thing I have changed is my monitor.

Is this white light part of the 4 LED debug lights, CPU, RAM, VGA and BOOT or is it a light right by the PCI-e x16 slot ?

The 3rd post here might help you https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1108782-help-asus-x570-motherboard-q-code-02-vga-light/

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
So apparently it's the monitor that's causing the light. Plugged in my old 24 inch with the old DVI cable and no light to be seen, everything is hunky dory. When using the new one it doesn't show the ASUS screen to give me the chance to put it into BIOS but the old monitor does? Even trying to boot to BIOS through windows it doesn't allow me? Just boots right onto desktop. I'm confused. Is there something wrong with my new monitor or? I still have a gtx 1080 but I didnt think this would matter. Planning on upgrading the graphics card later in the year if the new ones are announced, just used it out of my old build to save a bit money. Tried what was suggested in the post above, makes no difference. Was unplugged for ages.

Last edited:
Soldato
So apparently it's the monitor that's causing the light. Plugged in my old 24 inch with the old DVI cable and no light to be seen, everything is hunky dory. When using the new one it doesn't show the ASUS screen to give me the chance to put it into BIOS but the old monitor does? Even trying to boot to BIOS through windows it doesn't allow me? Just boots right onto desktop. I'm confused. Is there something wrong with my new monitor or? I still have a gtx 1080 but I didnt think this would matter. Planning on upgrading the graphics card later in the year if the new ones are announced, just used it out of my old build to save a bit money. Tried what was suggested in the post above, makes no difference. Was unplugged for ages.

Try another video cable (HDMI / DP), otherwise, my first question would be is the firmware upgradable on the monitor ? if not then id RMA it.

Associate
OP
Try another video cable (HDMI / DP), otherwise, my first question would be is the firmware upgradable on the monitor ? if not then id RMA it.

Monitor works as it should using HDMI in regards to allowing me to enter the BIOS on startup etc and no lights on the motherboard. However using the HDMI cable the monitor is limited to 100Hz opposed to 144Hz through Display Port and I did not pay for a 100Hz monitor so I think I will be sending this back.

Last edited:
Soldato
Monitor works as it should using HDMI in regards to allowing me to enter the BIOS on startup etc and no lights on the motherboard. However using the HDMI cable the monitor is limited to 100Hz opposed to 144Hz through Display Port and I did not pay for a 100Hz monitor so I think I will be sending this back.

Yes I can totally understand that, I would do the same, but it could be a cable fault though, do you not have another DP cable or maybe borrow one just to test it ?

Associate
OP
Yes I can totally understand that, I would do the same, but it could be a cable fault though, do you not have another DP cable or maybe borrow one just to test it ?

So update on this, ran this past my uncle to see if he had a spare cable and he pointed me to nvidia firmware update tool. I still have a GTX 1080 at the moment and there is an update available for these to run display port 1.3 and 1.4. Installed the driver and hey presto, everything is fixed. Assuming it was locked to Display port 1.2 beforehand which was causing all the problems.

I assumed things like this would be downloaded through GeForce Experience etc. but lesson learned.

Last edited:
Associate
OMG, sorry to resurrect and old thread. Received my new MSI Prestige 34" 5k2k and suddenly couldn't get into the BIOS unless I plugged in an HDMI cable. Then I noticed the white LED. Upgraded my 1080ti firmware and it's all working :D. Thankyou!

Soldato
OMG, sorry to resurrect and old thread. Received my new MSI Prestige 34" 5k2k and suddenly couldn't get into the BIOS unless I plugged in an HDMI cable. Then I noticed the white LED. Upgraded my 1080ti firmware and it's all working :D. Thankyou!
I having the same problem since installing my new mobo. When you say you upgraded you 1080ti firmware do you mean the drivers or bios? I have an Acer XR34 monitor and RX 6900 XT. White VGA light is always on. I stick at the mobo splash page when I restart although if starting up from shutdown it boots in to Windows. I haven't tried an HDMI cable as of yet...

Soldato
I having the same problem since installing my new mobo. When you say you upgraded you 1080ti firmware do you mean the drivers or bios? I have an Acer XR34 monitor and RX 6900 XT. White VGA light is always on. I stick at the mobo splash page when I restart although if starting up from shutdown it boots in to Windows. I haven't tried an HDMI cable as of yet...

I posted about this issue months ago.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34115709/

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...e-update-for-displayport-1.3-and-1.4-displays

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

Back
Top Bottom