• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Talking about bad examples lol:eek::D

20 year old card will play games in 1080p and 720p easy.

Will it? That looks like cards released in 2000 playing games released between 2002-2004 at 720p.

A 20 year old car will drive on a road in 2020 pretty much the same as it did in 2000.
A 20 year old graphics card that was 1080p capable with 2000 games will not be 1080p capable with 2020 games.

Associate
Will it? That looks like cards released in 2000 playing games released between 2002-2004 at 720p.

A 20 year old car will drive on a road in 2020 pretty much the same as it did in 2000.
A 20 year old graphics card that was 1080p capable with 2000 games will not be 1080p capable with 2020 games.

you are applying different rules to the gpu and the car and your entire argument is stupid.

if you apply the same rules to both
can a 20year old gpu play games? yes
can a 20 year old car drive on the road? yes

a 20 year old car will be likely be less efficient, have higher emissions,no abs, no collision warning/avoidance etc etc etc

your gaming experience with be greatly impacted on a 20year old gpu versus todays standards the same as your driving experience will be impacted with a 20 year old car versus todays standards.

Caporegime
you are applying different rules to the gpu and the car and your entire argument is stupid.

a 20 year old car will be likely be less efficient, have higher emissions,no abs, no collision warning/avoidance etc etc etc

your gaming experience with be greatly impacted on a 20year old gpu versus todays standards the same as your driving experience will be impacted with a 20 year old car versus todays standards.
Cars are just not a good analogy.

No matter how fast or new your cards is, you can't go above the national speed limit (legally).

People keep trying to compare GPUs to houses, cars, and mountain gorillas, but it just ends up being a pointless argument about how bad the analogy is, instead of anything useful :p

Associate
Cars are just not a good analogy.

No matter how fast or new your cards is, you can't go above the national speed limit (legally).

People keep trying to compare GPUs to houses, cars, and mountain gorillas, but it just ends up being a pointless argument about how bad the analogy is, instead of anything useful :p
exactly,I'm not trying to compare :D.
just pointing out you can't decide to apply some random rules to one side to suit the argument.

Caporegime

Actually, can a 20 year old car drive on all, brand new roads built in 2020? Yes.
Can a 20 year old graphics card run all new games in 2020? No.

Hence the car analogy is stupid.

Associate
Actually, can a 20 year old car drive on all, brand new roads built in 2020? Yes.
Can a 20 year old graphics card run all new games in 2020? No.

Hence the car analogy is stupid.
just stop, its pointless. can X do Y with Z rule attached

as proof you should stop, diesel cars will be banned from some city centres etc etc etc etc

Last edited:
Associate
Any news on AMD stock? Can’t find a thread!

No news. I would suggest to forget about a GPU for another month.
After new years even if they get some stock it will be different prices, you know, plenty of excuses to "adjust" the pricing due to certain ongoing political events

Associate
No news. I would suggest to forget about a GPU for another month.
After new years even if they get some stock it will be different prices, you know, plenty of excuses to "adjust" the pricing due to certain ongoing political events

I agree, really worried about price inflation! I am playing warzone using a 240hz monitor hahah bought all the parts to update my pc only waiting for GPU.

current gpu is 1050 ti lol and I barely get 60 frames hahah

Associate
I agree, really worried about price inflation! I am playing warzone using a 240hz monitor hahah bought all the parts to update my pc only waiting for GPU.

Yeah was looking forward to upgrade mine with 5000 series and 6000 series GPU, since games I play are CPU limited, and other games have updated their game engines, so 5700xt does not cut it anymore. But AMD **** on those plans :D

Soldato

You probably won't get anywhere near that as people with 3080/3090 are having issues breaking 100-120fps currently.

Associate
We have the stock, over 1000 plus across 6800 XT, 6900 XT, 3070, 3060Ti etc.
But we are not selling them, so you got that wrong.

We will continue to build stock and first week of 2021 we should be able to open up sales with large inventories on said cards, of course some will still sell out in seconds because even if we have 1000 as we do now and can increase that towards 2500 plus for first week of January they will still simply sell out within minutes if not seconds.

Were even seeing a mad rush on 1050Ti at moment. Demand is just bonkers, pandemic, brexit fears, further price increase fears, or just lack of supply but customers are buying any and everything up, unless miners are now even mining on 1050Ti, who knows but its crazy.

We won't be opening up sales before Christmas, ABSOLUTELY NOT, our warehouse is already maxxed out due to crazy order volumes, so would be pointless right now to give the warehouse another 1000-2000 orders to try and ship before Christmas, they need time to catch up, recover and prepare for the next onslaught of orders that new year shall bring.

If business is quiet after Christmas and warehouse has caught up then I may open up ordering on some cards and hint on this forum about it and nowhere else, but zero promises and it will most likely be January 2nd onwards and again hint shall be dropped in forum, were sat on a few hundred custom 6800 XT, a couple hundred 6900 XT MBA (as we never launched the product), 500+ 3070's and 1000+ 3060Ti as we did not launch several brands as can be seen from that not existing on our site. Hopefully in the next week or two we can further build those stocks more so come early January we can go live with potentially a few thousand cards, we still expect to sell out in a couple of hours but it will be more manageable and we should be able to prevent any over selling as its worked well for us on the recent launches by limiting ordering ability. :)

@Gibbo when are you planning on opening sales? I have £700 in ocuk credit so I kind of need to shop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom