Check my ITX build (might be Micro-ATX now)

Guy

Guy

Associate
Hi all,

I've been trying to spec up a new PC build for a while now, but I kept changing the case I wanted, so took a while longer than expected.

I am planning on mainly use if for gaming, currently looking forward to running the following games: Fallout 76, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Battlefield 1, PUBG etc. I am also looking towards buying a VR headset (Vive) as well. This is partly why I went with an ITX build, I want to be able to game as normal on desk and then move it to the living room to play VR on. So I didn't want to have a cart a full size case around the house.

This is what I have currently, the only things I seem to be un-sure about is the GTX card and monitor. I know I want to have a 1440P monitor, but not sure about G-Sync/Freesync, which obviously makes me wonder about the GTX. I've gone for a blower card, as it seemed to make sense to me going into the Shift case, trying to keep heat from staying the case.

Was also looking at replacing the fans on the cooler and the 140mm one in the case, with some Noctua fans, but will really depend on how loud the stock ones are.

Any feedback or alternative suggestions would be awesome.

Edit: realised I had the x450 instead of b450 mobo

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,960.69 (includes shipping: £20.82)

Last edited:

Guy

Guy

Associate
OP
It is a monster price, a big chunk of that is the monitor. As my current monitor is ancient, less than 1080 res. and I've already had to replace some capacitor on it.

Edit... Annnd I've just seen that the wireless adapter for the Hive needs a PCI slot. I think I need to rethink this and go back to something like an Micro ATX motherboard, so I've got some wiggle room... damn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom