Got i7-7700K & RAM - Need Everything Else

Associate
Looking at a new build which hoping will last a few years. Will be used for gaming and internets only. Have picked up the 7700K and RAM from the MM and looking to build something around the Noctis case which I really like the look of. I'm looking at gaming at 1440p on a 27" G-Sync monitor but still mulling my options over on that one. Can the planned components be bettered around a similar price range for each? Thanks.

Already have:
Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-24000 (3000)

Here's what I'm thinking of:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,008.11
(includes shipping: £14.70)

Soldato
Looking at a new build which hoping will last a few years. Will be used for gaming and internets only. Have picked up the 7700K and RAM from the MM and looking to build something around the Noctis case which I really like the look of. I'm looking at gaming at 1440p on a 27" G-Sync monitor but still mulling my options over on that one. Can the planned components be bettered around a similar price range for each? Thanks.

Already have:
Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-24000 (3000)

Here's what I'm thinking of:

Total: £1,008.11

mobo you've listed is mATX where as the case you've selected is ATX sized, and also slightly out dated in terms of design- if you like it recommend getting the ROG Verison!

some boards that are ATX sized - including Strix board that has Wifi

Total: £846.66
(includes shipping: £11.70)

got a cooler for your i7?

Associate
OP
Whoops! Forgot about a cooler. Knew there was something I was forgetting, and I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for the tip about the mini-ATX board - am erring on the side of the Asus ROG Strix-Z270E as it has 2 RGB-LED headers as I want 2 LED strips in it. Thanks.

Soldato
Save a little here and there and you'd be able to afford a GTX1080 which is the perfect partner for a 1440p monitor in my opinion - I've got both and they work really well together.

You'd still have £120 left for a case of your choice.

Total: £894.66

Soldato
^^^^ as above - I had the Gaming Ultra - push for the Aorus K5 for second m.2 slot (you can use the bottom pcie but means getting an adapter)
Aorus/Gigabyte also have lighting on the board as well as in locations and at the side as well as having the ability to use RGB strips as well as supporting pure white which the others dont

https://www.aorus.com/product-detail.php?p=504&t=53&t2=56&t3=86

2qSlffa.jpg

I've also had the Strix and the Bios is a dream to work with - although RGB lights on the board stay on which i could never get BIOS to turn off lol

Also Superflower make EVGA PSU- but EVGA have extra protection installed at their request

Associate
OP
Thanks for the recommendations and have made some alterations. I've gone with the 1080 and the Aorus mobo and with a Super Flower 650w Plus Gold simply because I've seen them talked up so much on the forums. Still trying to decide on a cooler. Don't intend to be overclocking.

Total: £1,074.12

Soldato
Thanks for the recommendations and have made some alterations. I've gone with the 1080 and the Aorus mobo and with a Super Flower 650w Plus Gold simply because I've seen them talked up so much on the forums. Still trying to decide on a cooler. Don't intend to be overclocking.

Total: £1,074.12

head up! Phanteks Halo fan covers link to Aorus/MSI/ASUS and their own cases

cZWg5KG.jpg

no bare naked LED lights or having to hide strips - have their flaws as more cables and costs do start to add up

if your up for a change of case- phanteks M with RGB fan covers at front that can be linked to the board header, also comes with side glass panel!
also AIO unit

Total: £201.58

Back
Top Bottom