• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unofficial Overclockers 30 Series Bi-Weekly Updates - No Competitor Discussion, etc

Associate
Unofficial Overclockers 30 Series Update

This is an unofficial bi-weekly summary of overclockers.co.uk's 30 Series card shipments and other info gathered by the overclockers forum members with the aim to both help people get updates on how shipments and stock levels are going without having to search around, and encorage overclockers to provide more detailed updates themselves by providing a format to follow and an example of what we'd like. Since all this info is detective work, and second or third hand, please remember that it is just guesswork and shouldn't be taken as gospel.

Shipments this week

In the week since the queue emails went out, which provide us with a much better data source for shipments, overclockers have shipped out a limited number of cards from 4 manufaturers.

ASUS: A very small shipment of TUF OC cards originally expected Tuesday was delayed till Wednesday. The shipment had around 14 3090 TUF OCs and 8 3080 TUF OCs, which were immediately shipped out to the customers at the start of the queue. A queue update was sent to those still waiting on Thursday. Likely due to errors in the original queue calculation that have now been fixed some of those early in the queue only moved 7 or 6 places. Hopefully the queue calculations are now all correct.

Gigabyte: A small shipment of Gigabyte 3080 cards arrived on Wednesday. 11 Aorus MASTER and 13 Vision OC cards were despatched to customers, and an update to those queue was sent out on Thursday. Overclocker's supply lead Gibbo also reported that some Gaming OC cards were included in this batch, but no queue update has been sent to that queue, and if any were shipped it was less than 5. Whether any Gaming OC actually shipped is a matter of debate among the forum members.

MSI: A reasonable shipment of MSI Ventus cards was expected and arrived on Wednesday. Between 50 and 53 3080 Ventus cards, and possibly up to 20 3090 Ventus cards, shipped out to customers. A queue update for the 3080s saw people near the front of the queue moving 50 places, but after the queue update was sent the 53rd in the original queue reported a new shipment email, so it is possible more shipped after the queue update. Only one forum customer for the 3090, who was first in the list, reported shipment of a 3090, but another forum member ordered one over the phone after shipment was reported, and was told they were now 1st in the list, and 20 had gone out earlier that day. So far MSI seem to have the most reliable shipments coming in to overclockers (shipped on 18th, 21st, 24th, 29th and 7th. 29th was 30 3080 Trios and 7th was 50 3080 + 20 3090 Ventus). Their 3080 queues are however some of the longest.

Zotac: A small shipment of Zotac Trinity OCs arrived on Thursday. 36 3080 Trinity OC and 4 3090 Trinity shipped out. These were neither reported before or after in the official thread, and an email update hasn't gone out to the queue, which suggests that, unlike ASUS and MSI, Zotac might not be letting overclockers know that they are enroute (and whoever presses the queue update button never got the memo?).

Watchdogs Legion and GeForce Now Promotion codes.

There have been a number of people who have recieved orders but not recieved a promotional code. Within a day of the 3080 launch Gibbo had reported that they only recieved 1000 codes, and so had removed them from the listing while seeking more from Nvidia. Based on the shipments we've seen so far it seems unlikely that overclockers have shipped more than 1000 cards at this point. It seems likely that those who haven't recieved codes so far are 3090 orders and 3080 cards like the Gigabyte Vision OC that didn't go on sale till after the promise of codes were removed from the listings.

One customer has been told by customer service that they are still trying to source more codes from Nvidia, and that if and when they recieve them they will provide them to all 30 series customers.

This doesn't solve the problems that they certainly sold more than 1000 cards before the site worked enough that they could remove the listing, or that the codes are only redeemable till the 30th of November, and many might be waiting longer than that.

Summary

Shipments appear to be increasing in size for at least some of the AIBs (MSI and Zotac), but others are still lacking, and the split of OC vs non-OC is disappointing. Gibbo has reported that board partners have told him "production volumes are expecting to ramp up towards end of the end of this month meaning deliveries arriving later this month should be a little better volume wise towards end of October with November increasing again", so hopefully we start seeing that in the next week or two.

Overclockers could still improve their communication game, rather than leaving us to try to piece together info from shipping reports and second or third hand info others have got from customer service.

If you'd like to contribute to future updates I'm going to start collating info in this google doc, feel free to add comments with useful info, including the source. Next update is planned for midweek, ideally Wednesday, but it'll be held till Thursday if no cards have shipped yet. Hopefully we can eventually get overclockers to start doing something like this to try to manage expectations and keep us up to date.

Permabanned
A queue update was sent to those still waiting on Thursday. Likely due to errors in the original queue calculation that have now been fixed some of those early in the queue only moved 7 or 6 places. Hopefully the queue calculations are now all correct.

We already had someone a few days ago post that he was able to swap cards while retaining queue position and game bundle. I wouldn't call that an error in the original queue position :(

Associate
OP
We already had someone a few days ago post that he was able to swap cards while retaining queue position and game bundle. I wouldn't call that an error in the original queue position :(
I don't think queue swaps have been allowed since the original queue email went out. We know they have happened, but at some point they listened to us about how unfair they were, and it is now officially against the policy. I'm 95% sure that rule change came into effect BEFORE they sent the queue out, but I might be mistaken.

Permabanned
Associate
OP

Well thats dissapointing, especially since they have that FAQ saying they aren't doing that. Giving them the benifit of the doubt I suspect they feel bad for the EVGA customers, since they clearly never knew if they'd get any (hence stopping selling them even as preorder after the initial wave on the 17th). So now they have to both fix things for customers who bought a card they frankly should never have offered, or be fair to all their other customers. And they can't do both.

This post in the EVGA thread also suggests they might be thinking of swapping all the EVGA customers (I didn't include it in the update because I'm trying to be as benificial as possible to OC for now in them, since otherwise it could just be dismissed as whining and ignored/get me banned, rather than hopefully inspiring a positive change from OC)

Last edited:
Associate
Well thats dissapointing, especially since they have that FAQ saying they aren't doing that. Giving them the benifit of the doubt I suspect they feel bad for the EVGA customers, since they clearly never knew if they'd get any (hence stopping selling them even as preorder after the initial wave on the 17th). So now they have to both fix things for customers who bought a card they frankly should never have offered, or be fair to all their other customers. And they can't do both.

What about us eagle preorders who have heard sweet FA since release day appart from reviewers and the few people who have received faulty ones .

Associate
OP
What about us eagle preorders who have heard sweet FA since release day appart from reviewers and the few people who have received faulty ones .

In my opinion the EVGA sales are solely OC's fault (they are my prefered AIB, but from what I'd read before launch on their own forums/twitter I avoided them because EU stock seemed dubious, the fact that OC offered them surprised me, and then stopping makes clear to me they at least suspected the same as I did about stock there).

The Eagles are more on Gigabyte (or, at least any more than the general overselling OC have done on many cards). I can believe that their might have been a legitamate delay on them to fix the issues, but that OC can't say anything for risk of damaging their relationship with a supplier they seem to be on reasonable terms with (based on @GIGA-Man's active prescence here).

Associate
OP
Hey @Lastof do you think EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRAS are impossible this month? I’m number 9 :/ and hope they don’t cancel my order

Depends if OC get any. @Aaron97 talked to the UK distributors that OC is presuambly working through, and they are apparently expecting some kind of EVGA stock end of this month. The question is whether any of that reaches OC, or if other places get them instead.

I think one of the competitors was confirmed to get their EVGA stock direct, rather than through a distributor, which would seem to give OC a better chance if stock does come in end of the month, but, even if there is stock who knows what it'll be. With everything its wait and see, with EVGA it seems wait more and see less.

Associate
Props to Lastof for sorting this out, he made the new spreadsheet and form which tracks this stuff. I've contributed my own data to that.

It's worth noting that there is one other phenomena that should give people at the back of queues more hope, which is that cancellations appear to be healthy in any given week. Given the data on the MSI Ventus cards people at the front of the queue jumped 50 positions last week, but a mere 300 places into the queue (where I am) it jumped 60 positions which infers 10 cancellations. And even by positions in the 400's that number has jumped again to 70 queue position difference which infers (20 cancellations).

The take away from this is that: The closer to the front of the queue you are the less people you can expect ahead of you to cancel, but the further back you are in the queue, the greater the number is. That produces a very real effect of closing the gap faster the further back you are. By queue position in the 400's you get a +50% bonus to your reduction in queue length (speed) simply because the people ahead of you are cancelling. It also helps explain inconsistent queue deltas which people had speculated about being due to OCUK not being honest. The simple fact is that if a cancellation happens in a position which is ahead of you, then you get 1 step closer in the queue, but if it happens above your position it doesn't effect you.

As soon as the next shipment goes out on the Ventus cards and I get my updated queue email I'll post it to the form, the more of us do this the more meta data we can infer from this on both card delivery amounts but also cancellations which gives us some rough idea on queue rate and thus likely delivery time.

Associate
OP
How do we get updates on our queue positions? I only had that one overclockers email on 29/09 but have had no update since?

Updates only go out when the queue moves, so if they haven't shipped any of what you ordered since the queue first went out on the 2nd then you won't have had a update.

The q system is borked how can some one order a week later and be in front of me in q

What card, order time and queue position? For the most part, excluding a few oddities we've spotted and OC have admitted were mistakes and mostly promised those of us affected they'll sort, the queue positions seem to tally reasonably with order time. Unfortunately some of the entries in the spreadsheet are wrong, but that is nothing to do with OC, its forum members entering their data wrong and not mentioning it so it can be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom