+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
1-Port 10G Open SFP+ PCIe Intel Chip - MM/SM - Network CardThis fiber network card delivers reliable, high-performance network connectivity, by adding an open SFP+ slot to your server or high-powered workstation. It provides an easy and cost-effective way to upgrade your server or workstation to a 10 Gigabit fiber network using the SFP+ module of your choice and gives you the flexibility to use either multimode or single-mode fiber.
This fiber network card delivers reliable, high-performance network connectivity, by adding an open SFP+ slot to your server or high-powered workstation. It provides an easy and cost-effective way to upgrade your server or workstation to a 10 Gigabit fiber network using the SFP+ module of your choice and gives you the flexibility to use either multimode or single-mode fiber.
Increase your network speed
Several factors drive the need for more bandwidth in your network infrastructure. An increase in the number of network users and data-intensive applications, such as multimedia streaming and large file transfers all contribute to the need for more bandwidth in your network infrastructure. This fiber NIC lets you take advantage of the increased speed and stability of a 10 Gigabit network, with data transfers of up to 10Gbps.
Add scalable network connections to your server or workstation
The fiber NIC is compatible with most 10GbE SFP+ transceivers. This gives you flexible and scalable configuration options for connecting your computer directly to a fiber network, at greater distances.
The card features an open SFP+ slot with support for one interchangeable 10GBase SFP+ module. This gives you the option to use the fiber transceiver module that best suits your network needs based on distance and connector type. StarTech.com offers a variety of SFP+ transceiver modules including the SFP10GLRST single-mode SFP+ the SFP10GLRMST multi-mode SFP+, and SFP10GSRST multimode LC with DDM.
Enhance your network capabilities
The 10 Gigabit network card features the Intel® 82599 chipset, delivering the power, performance and enhanced capabilities you need for reliable network connections to your server or computer. The Intel chip offers many advanced features including Intel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity, PXE network boot support and up to 15K jumbo frame support.
- Add 10Gbps network connectivity to file or application servers and high-performance workstations
- Transmit full 10 Gigabit network speeds to a remote terminal over longer distances than copper cabling
- Supports secure setups - a direct fiber connection means no electronic interference, which can be a problem with RJ45 network cards
- Upgrade your onboard network adapter to 10 Gigabit SFP+, for faster communication
- Create a video / audio editing console with 10Gbps access to network storage
- Ideal for remote embedded industrial monitoring systems, and high-speed video surveillance
- Bus Type: PCI Express
- Card Type: Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)
- Chipset ID: Intel - 82599
- Industry Standards: IEEE 802.3ae (10GBASE-LR/SR only), IEEE 802.3aq (10GBASE-LRM), PCI Express Rev 2.0, using PCIe x8 (or higher) slot
- Interface: Fiber (10 Gigabit Ethernet)
- Ports: 1
- Compatible Networks: 10 Gbps
- Full Duplex Support: Yes
- Jumbo Frame Support: 15K max.
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps
- Promiscuous Mode: Yes
- Supported Protocols: IEEE 802.3ad (Link Aggregation), IEEE 802.3x (Flow Control Support) , IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN tagging)
- Connector Type(s): 1 - PCI Express x8 Male
- Internal Ports: 1 - SFP+ Slot Female
- OS Compatibility:
Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.6.24 to 4.11.x LTS Versions only
- 1 - 10G open SFP+ fiber network card
- 1 - low-profile bracket
- 1 - quick-start guide