+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
970 EVO Polaris 2TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State DriveThe Samsung SSD 970 EVO is the 2nd generation of Samsung’s 3bit-MLC NVMe SSDs for client PC. The Samsung 970 EVO is specially designed for tech savvy gamers and professionals who frequently work on video creation/editing or simulation that requires high workloads. Featuring the latest Samsung 3bit-MLC V-NAND technology and a newly enhanced Phoenix controller, the 970 EVO delivers unrivalled next level performance and exceptional reliability in a small M.2 2280 form factor, offering customers the most advanced Samsung SSD technology currently available for Client PCs.
In combination with the latest Samsung V-NAND technology, powerful Phoenix Controller and upgraded Intelligent TurboWrite technology, the 970 EVO delivers stunning sequential read/write performance of up to 3,500/2,500 MB/s respectively and random performance of up to 500,000/480,000 IOPS for read/write respectively. Upgraded Intelligent TurboWrite technology uses a large buffer size of up to 78GB to enable faster sequential write speeds, which improves the user experience especially when transferring large files or using application which requires high-workloads.
The 970 EVO boasts exceptional endurance with up to 1,200 TBW, which is 50 percent higher than that of the previous model, thanks to the latest Samsung V-NAND technology.* Thermal control solutions enable enhanced performance with reduced heat risk. Dynamic Thermal Guard(DTG) technology proactively prevents overheating, and a heat spreader with an integrated thin copper film dissipates heat more efficiently. A new nickel coating on the Phoenix controller also helps to shed heat faster during heavy workload use in order to ensure the high levels of quality and reliability for which Samsung is known. The 970 EVO offers more time period of 5-year warranty versus that of 960 EVO.
The 970 EVO enables convenient storage expansion across many different devices. The 970 EVO comes in a broad range of capacity options, including a single-sided 2TB version, made possible through Samsung’s latest 512Gb V-NAND technology. In addition, the 970 EVO offers high power efficiency as well as exceptional speeds, making it the ideal solution to use with application ranging from ultra-thin computing to high-performance computing systems.
The 970 EVO provides multiple advanced data encryption features. Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security technology will help keep data safe at all times. The 970 EVO includes an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine to ensure that your personal files remain secure. Being hardware-based, the encryption engine secures your data without the performance degradation that you may experience with software-based encryption. Also, the 970 EVO is compliant with various advanced security management solutions (TCG Opal and Encrypted Drive-IEEE1667).
The 970 EVO comes with Samsung Data Migration and Magician software, which is easy to install and makes management of your SSD simple.* Samsung Data Migration software is easy to use, yet provides a very powerful “Custom Cloning” feature that makes migration effortless even when the amount of source data is greater than the SSD’s capacity. Magician provides personalized firmware checks and additional functionality tailored to the drives of individual users. It even updates the firmware automatically to make sure that the drive’s performance stays up to date.
- NVMe Difference: The Non-Volatile Memory express (NVMe) interface is specifically engineered to overcome constraints of older interfaces by increasing NAND flash storage transfer speeds to approximately 6x faster than SATA.
- Intelligent TurboWrite*: New Intelligent TurboWrite* responsively accelerates speed; buffer size expanded from 13GB to 78GB for faster file transfers.
- 256-bit Encryption: AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine; TCG Opal standard and IEEE® 1667 protocol compliant.
- Nickel-Coated Controller: The controller's newly developed nickel coating significantly reduces overheating.
- Heat Spreader: The copper-based heat spreading label is engineered to quickly dissipate heat, to preserve high performance.
- Dynamic Thermal Guard: Dynamic Thermal Guard proactively manages heat to limit performance drops.
- Power Efficiency: The high power efficiency of the 970 series makes them the ideal solutions for building high-performance computing systems.
- +50% Total Bytes Written: 50% improved TBW rating than previous generation (up to 1,200 terabytes written).
- High Capacity: Choose among capacity sizes up to 2TB that suits your exact need, in the compact M.2 (2280) form factor.
- Samsung V-NAND: Samsung's latest V-NAND technology stacks 64 layers improving speed, power efficiency, and endurance.
- Samsung DRAM: Leading-edge DRAM delivers high clock speeds, greater density, compact size, and power efficiency.
- Samsung Controller: New Phoenix controller speeds up communication between host system and controller.
- Samsung Firmware: Latest firmware updates enhance performance, stability and compatibility.
- Magician Software: Automatic updates; check drive health and speed; reach your SSD's maximum potential.
*970 EVO Intelligent TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD: 13GB for 250GB model, 22GB for 500GB model, 42GB for 1TB model and 78GB for 2TB model. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.