+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
ECM22 M.2 PCIe Expansion CardSilverStone’s ECM22 is an adapter designed for users wanting to utilize or add speedy M.2 devices such as SSD onto their existing PC or motherboard. In addition to support for one M.2 device (M key) to run via the super fast PCIe interface at up to 32 Gbps, a second M.2 slot (B key) is available for connecting to a SATA III port for increased storage potential. To keep up with ever increasing speed and hotter performing M.2 SSDs, the ECM22 has large, exposed gold inlays to help transfer heat from SSD to its relatively large surface of gold-rich PCB. For users looking to add more M.2 SSD to their PCs with highest performance, the ECM22 is a must have.
- Exposed gold inlays efficienty cool installed M.2 SSD for consistently high performance
- Supports M.2 SSD up to 110mm in length
- Converts one M.2 port (M key) into one PCIe x4 interface
- Converts a second M.2 port (B key) into SATA interface
- Supports two M.2 SSD simultaneously
- Includes optional Low-profile expansion slot
- No driver installation required
There are three types of M.2 SSDs, please make sure you know the difference between them and whether your system/motherboard support them before pairing these with your SilverStone product.
Legacy SATA (B key)
Used for SATA SSDs, and interfaced through the AHCI driver and legacy SATA 3.0 (6 Gbit/s) port exposed through the M.2 connector.
PCI Express using AHCI (M key)
Used for PCI Express SSDs and interfaced through the AHCI driver and provided PCI Express lanes, providing backward compatibility with widespread SATA support in operating systems at the cost of not delivering optimal performance by using AHCI for accessing PCI Express SSDs.
PCI Express using NVMe (M key)
Used for PCI Express SSDs and interfaced through the NVMe driver and provided PCI Express lanes, as a high-performance and scalable host controller interface designed and optimized especially for interfacing with PCI Express SSDs. NVMe has been designed from the ground up, capitalizing on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and complementing the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications.
- LED indicator: Power LED: Red
SATA M.2 SSD Read / Write LED: Orange
PCIe M.2 SSD Read / Write LED: Blue
- Interface: PCI Express x4 / SATA 6 Gbps
- SSD Interface: M.2 (NGFF)
- Module Key: SATA-based B key
PCIe x4 NVMe-based M key
- Number of Drives: 2
- Net weight: 60g
- Support Length of M.2 SSD: 30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, 110mm
- Operating system support: Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), 8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit) or future release version
Mac OS 10.2.8 or above
- Dimension: 121mm (W) x 11mm (H) x 157.3mm (D)